Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program
The summary for the Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. The purposes of the TQP program are to improve student achievement; improve the quality of prospective and new teachers by improving the preparation of prospective teachers and enhancing professional development activities for new teachers; hold teacher preparation programs at institutions of higher education (IHEs) accountable for preparing teachers who meet applicable State certification and licensure requirements; and recruit highly qualified individuals, including minorities and individuals from other occupations, into the teaching force.
|Federal Grant Title:||Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education (ED)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-051118-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 26th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 26th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 11th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 11th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||July 26th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$17,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||20|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||May 11th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- An eligible applicant must be an “eligible partnership” as defined in section 200(6) of the HEA. The term “eligible partnership” means an entity that— (1) Must include: (i) A high-need LEA; (ii)(A) A high-need school or a consortium of high-need schools served by the high-need LEA, or (B) As applicable, a high-need ECE program; (iii) A partner institution; (iv) A school, department, or program of education within such partner institution, which may include an existing teacher professional development program with proven outcomes within a four-year IHE that provides intensive and sustained collaboration between faculty and LEAs consistent with the requirements of title II of the HEA; and (v) A school or department of arts and sciences within such partner institution; and (2) May include any of the following— (i) The Governor of the State. (ii) The State educational agency. (iii) The State board of education. (iv) The State agency for higher education. (v) A business. (vi) A public or private nonprofit educational organization. (vii) An educational service agency. (viii) A teacher organization. (ix) A high-performing LEA, or a consortium of such LEAs, that can serve as a resource to the partnership. (x) A charter school (as defined in section 7221i of the ESEA). (xi) A school or department within the partner institution that focuses on psychology and human development. (xii) A school or department within the partner institution with comparable expertise in the disciplines of teaching, learning, and child and adolescent development. (xiii) An entity operating a program that provides alternative routes to State certification of teachers. Any of the mandatory or optional entities in the partnership may be the fiscal agent of the grant. Note: So that the Department can confirm the eligibility of the LEA(s) that an applicant proposes to serve, applicants must include information in their applications that demonstrates that each LEA to potentially be served by the project is a “high-need LEA” (as defined in this notice). Note: An LEA includes a public charter school that operates as an LEA. Applicants should review the application package for additional information on determining whether an LEA meets the definition of “high-need LEA.” More information on eligible partnerships can be found in the TQP FAQ document found on the program website at http://innovation.ed.gov/what-we-do/teacher-quality/teacher-quality-partnership/.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin.
email@example.com Program Manager:Mia Howerton
U.S.Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 4W205
Washington, DC 20202-5960
Telephone: (202) 205-0147
Email: Mia.Howerton@ed.gov or firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Teacher Quality Partnership (TQP) Gra...
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Teacher Quality Partnership Grant Program CFDA...
- • Teacher Quality Enhancement Grants Program Partnership Grants
- • Teacher Quality Enhancement Grants Program State Grants
- • Teacher Quality Enhancement Grants Program--Teacher Quality Enhancement (TQE) Recruitment ...
- • Teacher Quality Enhancement Grants Program--Teacher Quality Enhancement (TQE) Grants for S...
- • Teacher Quality Enhancement Grants Program--Partnership Grants
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...