Technical Assistance for Strengthening National Laboratory Systems in Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Technical Assistance for Strengthening National Laboratory Systems in Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Technical Assistance for Strengthening National Laboratory Systems in Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) will provide funding to build an indigenous, sustainable National Health Laboratory System to support to the National HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment Plan at all health care levels in Uganda. The awardee will work to support strengthening the laboratory sector in Uganda. Despite being the entry point for HIV prevention, care and treatment, laboratory services remain the weakest link in the health care delivery system in Uganda. Many of the laboratories have poor physical infrastructure and inadequate human resources, as well as lack of quality and bio-risk management systems. There is also frequent stock out of supplies and break down of equipment due to inadequate equipment support services. Despite the presence of legislation regulating registration of laboratories and their personnel, most laboratories and personnel are not registered and do not conform to the recommended national standards. The Government of Uganda (GoU), in collaboration with Health Development Partners, is working to solve these challenges including by supporting a National Health Laboratories establishment to coordinate and manage the national laboratory network at national, regional, and district levels in both the public and private sectors.
|Federal Grant Title:||Technical Assistance for Strengthening National Laboratory Systems in Uganda under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH15-1593|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 10, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 10, 2014|
|Posted Date:||August 26th, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Aug 26, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Nov 9, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this FOA are listed below:
National Ministries of Health
State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau) .
American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments (federally recognized or state-recognized)
Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States)
American Indian/Alaska native tribally designated organizations
Alaska Native health corporations
Tribal epidemiology centers
Urban Indian health organizations
Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
Research institutions (that will perform activities deemed as non-research)
Colleges and Universities
For-profit organizations (other than small business)
Small, minority, and women-owned businesses
All Other eligible organizations
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management Section
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 770-488-2756
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2