Underground Railroad Educational Project
The summary for the Underground Railroad Educational Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Underground Railroad Educational Project: NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD FY12 PROJECT: This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's (NPS) intention to fund the National Council for History Education's Underground Railroad Network to Freedom Program. To develop educational programs and materials for the Underground Railroad Network to Freedom Project for understanding the Underground Railroad Network to Freedom as part of the American National History, specifically for K-12 educators and to further expand the mission using Common Core Literacy standards. The mission includes coordinating preservation and education efforts nationwide and integrating local historical places, museums, and interpretive programs associated with the Underground Railroad into a mosaic of community, regional, and national stories. The National Council for History Education will collaborate with the NPS to produce materials consistent with current educational Common Core in Literacy standards for teaching about the Underground Railroad. The National Park Service will be substantially involved in fulfilling the tasks and objectives of the project. Click on the above full announcement link for single source determination according to 505 DM 2.14 B(4), Unique Qualifications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Underground Railroad Educational Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||E12AC30622|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cultural Resources Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 08, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 08, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Aug 08, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Aug 08, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Oct 08, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Katie Schroeder Grants Management Specialist Phone 402-661-1640
Midwest Regional Office [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Earliest Americans National Historic Landmark Theme Study for Alaska
- • Archeological Inventory, Condition Assessment, and Data Recovery to Address Vulnerabilitie...
- • Inupiaq Place Names Workshop
- • Heritage Documentation programs
- • Prepare National Register Determinations of Eligibility for Mission 66 Properties in the N...
- • Survey for Emergency Habitat Expansion/Improvement and Unknown Archaelogical Sites
- • Generate 3D high definition imaging to document the underwater wonders, both natural and c...
- • CESU-Ground Penetrating Radar of the Grand Canyon Pioneer Cemetery
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area