University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service (UCEDD)
The summary for the University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service (UCEDD) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service (UCEDD): The Administration on Developmental Disabilities (ADD) within the Administration for Children and Families (ACF), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announces the availability of Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 funds to make five-year grants to up to two entities designated as University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service (UCEDD) to carry out four core functions: (1) interdisciplinary pre-service preparation and continuing education of students and fellows; (2) community services, including training, technical assistance, and/or demonstration and model activities; (3) research; and (4) dissemination of information. UCEDDs are interdisciplinary education, research and public service units of universities, or public or not-for-profit entities associated with universities that implement the four core functions addressing, directly or indirectly, one or more of the areas of emphasis (e.g., quality assurance, education and early intervention, child care, health, employment, housing, transportation, recreation and other services available or offered to individuals in a community, including formal and informal community supports, that affect their quality of life). Funds made available under this funding opportunity are used to pay for the Federal share of the cost of the administration and operation of programs designated as UCEDDs. This program announcement contains instructions for existing UCEDDs that must submit in FY 2009 grant applications for core funding to receive continued funding and designation as a UCEDD.
|Federal Grant Title:||University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service (UCEDD)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2009-ACF-ADD-DD-0002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 16, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 16, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Nov 04, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Nov 04, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Feb 15, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,056,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,056,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$528,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Section 151(a) of the DD Act of 2000 states that appropriations authorized under section 156(a)(1) of the DD Act shall be used to make five-year grants to entities in each State designated as UCEDDs to carry out the four core functions of interdisciplinary pre-service preparation and continuing education, community services, research and information dissemination. Entities eligible to apply for funds under this program announcement are the two 2 current ADD grantees that are designated UCEDDs whose five-year funding will end on June 30, 2009. See the list below for eligible UCEDDs. (1) University of Rochester, Strong Center for Development Disabilities (2) University of Wisconsin-Madison, Waisman Center on Mental Retardation and Human Development Foreign entities are not eligible under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jennifer G. Johnson, Ed.D.email@example.com
Jennifer G. Johnson, Ed.D. [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Community Based Transition Partnership Planning Grants
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Se...
- • Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative
- • University Centers of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Diversity Fellowships
- • National Training Initiatives on Critical and Emerging Needs
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDDs)
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDDs) Minority Partners...
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population
- • Affordable Care Act Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Pr...
- • Basic Center Program
- • Street Outreach Program
- • Standing Announcement for Tribal Title IV-E Plan Development Grants