WISEWOMAN: Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation of WOMen Across the Nation
The summary for the WISEWOMAN: Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation of WOMen Across the Nation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control NCCDPHP, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
WISEWOMAN: Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation of WOMen Across the Nation: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention announces the opportunity to apply for funds to implement the Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women Across the Nation (WISEWOMAN) Program. The WISEWOMAN Program extends preventive health services to participants of the CDC-funded National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP). These extended preventive health services include assessment of cardiovascular risk factors and provision of services to reduce those risks through improved diet, physical activity, tobacco cessation, and medication adherence support. A focus on the health systems and community-clinical links that are supportive of these preventive health services is required.
|Federal Grant Title:||WISEWOMAN: Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation of WOMen Across the Nation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control NCCDPHP (HHS-CDC-NCCDPHP)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP-23-0003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 30th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 30th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||March 27th, 2023|
|Creation Date:||March 27th, 2023|
|Archive Date:||June 29th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:||$110,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||33|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||March 28th, 2023|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants must be recipients of National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP) funding, per Congressional statute, Title XV, Section 1509 of the Public Health Service Act (PHS Act) (42 U.S.C. 300n-4a). Section 1502 of the PHS Act (42 U.S.C. 300l) and the FY 2023 Consolidated Appropriations Act (Pub. L. 117-328, Div. H). Under the NBCCEDP, WISEWOMAN is authorized to expand screening services to include cardiovascular risk. To receive WISEWOMAN services, WISEWOMAN program recipients must be NBCCEDP recipients; thus, only organizations that are currently receiving NBCCEDP funding may apply. Current recipients of the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program are available at: https://nccd.cdc.gov/dcpc_Programs/index.aspx#/1
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Rebekah Buckley
- Similar Government Grants
- • Well-integrated Screening And Evaluation For Women Across The Nation (wisewoman)
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control NCCDPHP
- • Preventing Maternal Mortality: Supporting Maternal Mortality Review Committees
- • The Innovative Cardiovascular Health Program
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • CDC's National Networks Driving Action: Preventing Tobacco- and Cancer-Related Health Disp...
- • The Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) and Sudden Death in the Young (SDY) Case Registr...