WaterSMART: Title XVI Water Reclamation and Reuse Program Funding for Fiscal Year 2012
The summary for the WaterSMART: Title XVI Water Reclamation and Reuse Program Funding for Fiscal Year 2012 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation Denver Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
WaterSMART: Title XVI Water Reclamation and Reuse Program Funding for Fiscal Year 2012: The U.S. Department of the Interior's (Department) WaterSMART (Sustain and Manage America's Resources for Tomorrow) program establishes a framework to provide Federal leadership and assistance on the efficient use of water, integrating water and energy policies to support the sustainable use of all natural resources, and coordinating the water conservation activities of various Department bureaus and offices. Through the program, Department is working to achieve a sustainable water strategy to meet the Nation's water needs. The Bureau of Reclamation's Title XVI Water Reclamation and Reuse program (Title XVI) is an important part of WaterSMART. For purposes of the Title XVI program, a water reuse project is a project that reclaims and reuses municipal, industrial, domestic, or agricultural wastewater and naturally impaired groundwater and/or surface waters. Reclaimed water can be used for a variety of purposes, such as environmental restoration, fish and wildlife, groundwater recharge, municipal, domestic, industrial, agricultural, power generation, or recreation. Water reuse is an essential tool in stretching the limited water supplies in the Western United States. Title XVI projects develop and supplement urban and irrigation water supplies through water reuse, thereby improving efficiency, providing flexibility during water shortages, and diversifying the water supply. Title XVI projects provide growing communities with new sources of clean water while promoting water and energy efficiency and environmental stewardship. Under Title XVI of P.L. 102-575, Reclamation works to identify and investigate opportunities to reclaim and reuse wastewaters and naturally impaired ground and surface water in the 17 Western States and Hawaii. Title XVI also provides authority for Reclamation to provide up to the lesser of 25 percent of, or the Federal appropriations ceiling (typically $20 million) for the cost of planning, design, and construction of specific water recycling projects. The objective of this FOA is to invite sponsors of Congressionally authorized Title XVI projects to request cost-shared funding for the planning, design, and/or construction of those authorized projects.
|Federal Grant Title:
|WaterSMART: Title XVI Water Reclamation and Reuse Program Funding for Fiscal Year 2012
|Federal Agency Name:
|Bureau of Reclamation Denver Office
|Type of Opportunity:
|Funding Opportunity Number:
|Type of Funding:
|Water Reclamation and Reuse Program
|Current Application Deadline:
|Jan 17, 2012
|Original Application Deadline:
|Jan 17, 2012
|Nov 07, 2011
|Nov 07, 2011
|Jan 18, 2012
|Total Program Funding:
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:
|Expected Number of Awards:
|Cost Sharing or Matching:
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Sponsors of water reclamation and reuse projects specifically authorized for funding under Title XVI of Public Law 102-575, as amended (43 United States Code [U.S.C] 390h through 390h-39) are eligible to apply for funding under this FOA.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Michelle Maher Grants Officer Phone 303-445-2025
Grants Officer [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • WaterSMART: Title XVI Congressionally Authorized Water Reclamation and Reuse Projects for ...
- • WaterSMART: Desalination Construction Projects Under the WIIN Act for Fiscal Years 2023 an...
- • WaterSMART: Title XVI WIIN Act Water Reclamation and Reuse Projects for Fiscal Years 2023 ...
- • WaterSMART: Large-Scale Water Recycling Projects for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024
- • WaterSMART: Water Recycling and Desalination Planning
- • Support for Reclamation Agenda Multiple Projects
- • Bureau of Reclamation's Water Reclamation and Reuse Program
- • El Monte Valley Groundwater Recharge, Mining, and Reclamation Project Preconstruction Acti...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation Denver Office
- • Notice of Intent to Award - Continuation for National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- • Support of the Truckee River Planning Model
- • WaterSMART Applied Science Grants for the Desert Landscape Conservation Cooperative
- • WaterSMART Applied Science Grants for the Southern Rockies Landscape Conservation Cooperat...
- • WaterSMART: Cooperative Watershed Management Program Grants for FY 2013