Workforce Innovation Fund Grants
The summary for the Workforce Innovation Fund Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Workforce Innovation Fund Grants: The Employment and Training Administration (ETA), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL, or the Department), announces the availability of up to $53 million in grant funds to be awarded under the Workforce Innovation Fund (WIF) grant program and anticipates awarding between 8 - 15 grants. These funds support innovative approaches that generate long-term improvements in the performance of the public workforce system, outcomes for job seekers and employers, and cost-effectiveness. All projects funded under the WIF will be rigorously evaluated in order to build a body of knowledge about what works in workforce development.
|Federal Grant Title:||Workforce Innovation Fund Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SGA-DFA-PY-13-06|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Workforce Innovation Fund|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 18, 2014 The closing date for receipt of appl|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 18, 2014 The closing date for receipt of appl|
|Posted Date:||May 14, 2014|
|Creation Date:||May 14, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jul 18, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$53,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$12,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible institutions are: 1) State Workforce Agencies; 2) Local Workforce Investment Boards; and 3) entities eligible to apply for WIA Section 166 grants. Current WIF grantees are eligible to apply; however, the proposed project cannot be an expansion of the current WIF project and must be entirely separate from any existing project funded under the WIF. See Section III.A for complete details.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jeannette Flowers
Grants Management Specialist
Email Grant Specialist
Employment and Training Administration 202-693-3346
- Similar Government Grants
- • Workforce Innovation Fund Limited Competition Opportunity
- • Disability Employment Initiative Grants
- • Pay for Success Pilot Projects
- • Workforce Innovation Fund
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • H-1B One Workforce Grant Program
- • H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program
- • Change 1 to Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 13-19, Work Opportunity Tax Credit...
- • Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Ass...
- • Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants