Workforce Investment Act - Demonstration Grants; Preparing Youth Offenders to Enter High Growth and High Demand Industries
The summary for the Workforce Investment Act - Demonstration Grants; Preparing Youth Offenders to Enter High Growth and High Demand Industries grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Workforce Investment Act - Demonstration Grants; Preparing Youth Offenders to Enter High Growth and High Demand Industries: The Employment and Training Administration (ETA), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), announces the availability of approximately $15 million in Responsible Reintegration of Youthful Offender grant funds to address the specific workforce challenges of youth offenders and to utilize strategies that prepare them for new and increasing job opportunities in high-growth/high-demand and economically vital industries and sectors of the American economy. Projects funded under this competition will be consistent with both the Presidents High Growth Job Training Initiative and DOLs Youth Vision.
|Federal Grant Title:||Workforce Investment Act - Demonstration Grants; Preparing Youth Offenders to Enter High Growth and High Demand Industries|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SGA-DFA-PY-04-09|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Employment and Training Administration Pilots, Demonstrations, and Research Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 23, 2005 Applications must be received at the|
|Posted Date:||Apr 22, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Apr 22, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Jun 22, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$800,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicants may be public, private for-profit, and private non-profit organizations, including faith-based and community organizations. The applicant will be the lead agency representing a partnership of the public workforce system, business and industry representatives from high-growth/high-demand industries, the education and training community, and the juvenile justice system. Applicants must demonstrate the existence of a partnership that includes at least one entity from each of four categories: (1) the publicly-funded workforce investment system, which may include the State Workforce Board, State Workforce Agency, local Workforce Investment Board, or a consortium of neighboring local Workforce Investment Boards; (2) the education and training community, which may include the State agencies overseeing secondary and post-secondary schools, local school districts, local community and technical colleges, four year colleges and universities, or other training entities; (3) employers and industry representatives in high-growth/high-demand industries; and (4) the juvenile justice system, which may include the State juvenile justice agency or the local family or juvenile court system. Collaborations also are encouraged with other entities, including child welfare and foster care agencies, faith-based and community organizations, substance abuse treatment providers, and social service agencies.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Johnson, B. Jai, Grants Management Specialist, Phone 202 693-3296, Fax 202 693-2879, Email Johnson.B.Jai@dol.gov Johnson.B.Jai@dol.gov Johnson, B. Jai
- Similar Government Grants
- • Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants
- • Workforce Data Quality Initiative - WDQI Round VII
- • Workforce Data Quality Initiative - WDQI Round VI
- • Portable Retirement Benefits Planning
- • Workforce Data Quality Initiative - Round V
- • Workforce Investment Act - Demonstration Grants; Solicitation for Grant Applications - Pri...
- • Solicitation for Grant Applications for Community-Based Job Training Grants
- • Workforce Inovation in Regional Economic Development (WIRED) Initiative (SGA/DFA-PY-05-04)
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • H-1B One Workforce Grant Program
- • H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program
- • Change 1 to Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 13-19, Work Opportunity Tax Credit...
- • Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Ass...
- • Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants