2020 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
The summary for the 2020 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2020 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant: The Administration for Community Living (ACL) is pleased to release the 2020 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant Funding Opportunity Announcement. Congress created the SHIP in 1990 to provide education and assistance to Medicare-eligible individuals, their families, and caregivers to assist in making informed health insurance decisions. There are currently 54 active SHIP grants; one in every state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The funds awarded through this application are for a five year project period running April 1, 2020 through March 31, 2025. Eligible applicants include State Offices of Insurance, the State Medicaid Offices, or the State Departments on Aging as designated by the state or territory, who demonstrate their ability and commitment to providing SHIP services statewide. All awards will be subject to the availability of federal funds and have a project period of up to five years. One SHIP grant will be awarded to cover each state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
|Federal Grant Title:||2020 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2020-ACL-CIP-SAPG-0363|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||October 31st, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||October 31st, 2019|
|Posted Date:||August 30th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||August 30th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||November 30th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$45,540,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$4,056,058|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$49,395|
|Expected Number of Awards:||54|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 30th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include state units on aging (SUA), state departments of insurance (DOI), or the state Medicaid agency, as directed by the Governor. Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Rebecca Kinney
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2017 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Technical Assistance (TA) Center Gra...
- • 2017 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • State Health Insurance Assistance Program Performance Improvement and Innovation Grant
- • State Health Insurance Assistance Program National Technical Assistance Center
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Funding for Older Americans Act Title VI Native American Programs
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Independent Living Transit...
- • Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative
- • Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant
- • Alzheimer's Disease Programs Initiative - Grants to States and Communities