State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Technical Assistance (TA) Center
The summary for the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Technical Assistance (TA) Center grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Technical Assistance (TA) Center: The mission of the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) is to empower, educate and assist Medicare-eligible individuals, their families and caregivers through objective outreach, counseling and training to make informed health insurance decisions that optimize their access to care and benefits. There are currently 54 active SHIP grants: one in every state, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The SHIP National Technical Assistance Center serves as a centralized and significant source of information, expertise, and technical assistance for the SHIP grantee projects. With this funding opportunity, ACL is seeking applicants for a single cooperative agreement to operate the SHIP National Technical Assistance Center (The SHIP TA Center). ACL plans to fund one (1) cooperative agreement at the federal funding level of $1,350,000 per year, over a five (5) year project period, pending availability of federal funds.
|Federal Grant Title:||State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Technical Assistance (TA) Center|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2020-ACL-CIP-SATC-0409|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 26th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 26th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||March 23rd, 2020|
|Creation Date:||March 23rd, 2020|
|Archive Date:||June 25th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,350,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 28th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Authorizing legislation and governing programmatic regulations specify eligibility for individual grant programs. In general, HHS grants may be awarded to domestic public or private, non-profit or for-profit organizations. Eligible organizations may include State, local, and Indian tribal governments; institutions of higher education; other non-profit organizations (including faith-based, community-based, and tribal organizations); and hospitals. In some cases, grants also may be made to foreign or international organizations. Eligibility for a particular funding opportunity announcement is specified in the Grants.gov FIND synopsis, with more detailed eligibility information found in the funding opportunity announcement. More details can be found here: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/grants/grants/policies-regulations/hhsgps107.pdf Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Margaret Flowers
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2020 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • 2017 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Technical Assistance (TA) Center Gra...
- • 2017 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • State Health Insurance Assistance Program Performance Improvement and Innovation Grant
- • State Health Insurance Assistance Program National Technical Assistance Center
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program