State Health Insurance Assistance Program National Technical Assistance Center
The summary for the State Health Insurance Assistance Program National Technical Assistance Center grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
State Health Insurance Assistance Program National Technical Assistance Center: The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) provides grants to states and territories to fund infrastructure, training, and outreach support to over 12,000 (mostly volunteer) counselors in over 1,300 local community organizations in all 50 States, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. SHIPs provide free, one-on-one counseling and assistance to help aging and disabled Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries as well as coming-of-agers navigate the complexities of health and long-term services and supports systems. Services are provided via telephone and face-to-face interactive sessions, public education presentations and programs, and media activities. In FY 2010, SHIPs served 4.7 million beneficiaries. With this funding opportunity ACL is seeking applicants for a single cooperative agreement to operate the State Health Insurance Assistance Program National Technical Assistance Center (The SHIP TA Center). The SHIP TA Center will provide training, technical assistance, and promotional activities in support of the SHIP program and 54 projects nationally. ACL plans to fund one (1) cooperative agreement at the federal funding level of $750,000 per year, over a three (3) year project period, pending availability of federal funds. An informational call will be held for interested applicants on May 28, 2014 at 2pm (ET). The call-in number is: 1-888-989-4403 passcode: 4276487
|Federal Grant Title:||State Health Insurance Assistance Program National Technical Assistance Center|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2014-ACL-CDAP-ST-0086|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||State Health Insurance Assistance Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 7, 2014 Electronically submitted applications|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 7, 2014 Electronically submitted applications|
|Posted Date:||May 16, 2014|
|Creation Date:||May 16, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Aug 6, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$750,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Rebecca Kinney
Administration for Community Living 202-357-3436
- Similar Government Grants
- • State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Technical Assistance (TA) Center
- • 2020 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • 2017 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Technical Assistance (TA) Center Gra...
- • 2017 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • State Health Insurance Assistance Program Performance Improvement and Innovation Grant
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program