State Health Insurance Assistance Program Performance Improvement and Innovation Grant
The summary for the State Health Insurance Assistance Program Performance Improvement and Innovation Grant grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
State Health Insurance Assistance Program Performance Improvement and Innovation Grant: The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) provides grants to states to fund infrastructure, training, and outreach support to over 12,000 (mostly volunteer) counselors in over 1,300 community-based organizations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. In FY 2014, the SHIP program was transferred from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to the Administration for Community Living (ACL). SHIPs provide free, one-on-one counseling and assistance to help aging and disabled Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries as well as coming-of-agers navigate the complexities of health and long-term care systems. Services are provided via telephone and face-to-face interactive sessions, public education presentations and programs, and media activities. With this funding opportunity ACL is seeking applicants for competitive innovation and/or performance improvement grants. Eligible applicants include only current SHIP grantees. ACL anticipates funding multiple 17-month grants capped at 20% of the applicant’s FY 2014 base grant award or $250,000, whichever is lower, to improve SHIP program performance and service quality.
|Federal Grant Title:||State Health Insurance Assistance Program Performance Improvement and Innovation Grant|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2014-ACL-CDAP-SO-0089|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||State Health Insurance Assistance Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 24, 2014 Electronically submitted application|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 24, 2014 Electronically submitted application|
|Posted Date:||Jun 16, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Jun 16, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Aug 23, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$8,389|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This opportunity is available only to the current SHIP grantees (specifically those that received a SHIP base grant from ACL in FY 2014). Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Rebecca Kinney
Administration for Community Living 202-357-3436
- Similar Government Grants
- • State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Technical Assistance (TA) Center
- • 2020 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • 2017 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Technical Assistance (TA) Center Gra...
- • 2017 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • State Health Insurance Assistance Program National Technical Assistance Center
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program