Aerial Surveys for Bald Eagle Nests and Raptors (Niobrara, Weston & Crook Counties, Wyoming)
The summary for the Aerial Surveys for Bald Eagle Nests and Raptors (Niobrara, Weston & Crook Counties, Wyoming) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Aerial Surveys for Bald Eagle Nests and Raptors (Niobrara, Weston & Crook Counties, Wyoming): Project Background Information: In an effort to increase the wildlife information in the Newcastle Field Office various wildlife surveys and inventories area being conducted. This project is an effort to better understand wildlife movement and populations within the planning area. Project Objective: The objective of this project is to conduct aerial flights to inventory and monitor Bald Eagle and other nesting raptors in Niobrara, Weston and Crook Counties, Wyoming. The data collected from the aerial surveys will be used to facilitate the processing of Applications for Permits to Drill (APDs) and to identify habitat for Threatened and Endangered species and BLM Sensitive species. The term of this project is 5 years dependant on the availability of funding. Benefits: Information gained from this project will assist land managers in evaluating effectiveness of current land use plans, aide in the development of future plans and increase the effectiveness of the Bureau of Land Management to meet the needs of the public. Statement of Joint Objectives/Project Management Plan: The recipient will provide a qualified aerial survey team including a qualified biologist to perform flights each year money is available. Flight schedules will be coordinated with the BLM to assure the flight will occur during suitable weather and season to obtain data that is needed. The BLM will meet with the recipient to assign priority flight areas, and data goals within the county boundaries no later than September 30 of each year. Flights should be flown between the months of March and May. The recipient will provide an annual report and associated shapefiles of the data collected that year by July 1 (shapefiles will be to a 3 meter or less accuracy, compatible with the ArcMap 9.0 GIS program and in the NAD 83 datum, Zone 13N). An annual report will be prepared by the recipient and sent to the BLM no later than September 15 of each year.
|Federal Grant Title:||Aerial Surveys for Bald Eagle Nests and Raptors (Niobrara, Weston & Crook Counties, Wyoming)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-WY07-9021|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 24, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Aug 06, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Aug 06, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Sep 23, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ilze Karklins-Powers
Grants & Agreements Specialist
Phone 307-775-6293 Ilze_Karklins-Powers@blm.gov Contract Specialist (Grants & Agreements)
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...