African Association for Health Professions Education and Research (R25)(Clinical Trials Not Allowed)
The summary for the African Association for Health Professions Education and Research (R25)(Clinical Trials Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
African Association for Health Professions Education and Research (R25)(Clinical Trials Not Allowed): The NIH Research Education Program (R25) supports research education activities in the mission areas of the NIH. The over-arching goal of this Fogarty International Center R25 program is to support educational activities that complement and/or enhance the training of a workforce to meet the nations biomedical, behavioral and clinical research needs by supporting the establishment of an African Association for Health Professions Education and Research (the "Association"). The Association will serve as a leadership and convening organization to network institutions across sub-Saharan Africa in order to jointly develop, disseminate, and share best practices, innovations, curricula, and policy and to engage in joint activities that will increase the quantity, quality and retention of African health professionals to address the crisis in HIV/AIDS and its' comorbidities on the continent. To accomplish the stated over-arching goal, this FOA will support creative educational activities with a primary focus on one or more of the following: Courses for Skills Development, Research Experiences, Mentoring Activities, Curriculum or Methods Development, and Outreach to broad communities and multiple stakeholders.
|Federal Grant Title:||African Association for Health Professions Education and Research (R25)(Clinical Trials Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-TW-18-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 28th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 28th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||January 12th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||January 12th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||May 3rd, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$750,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 12th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Planning Grant for Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (D71 No Clinical Tr...
- • Health-professional Education Partnership Initiative (HEPI) (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • Planning for Non-Communicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training Programs in Low and...
- • Planning Grant for Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (D71)
- • Planning Grants for International Malaria Clinical, Operational and Health Services Resear...
- • Framework Programs for Global Health
- • Stigma and Global Health Research Program
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...