BLM CA North Coast Seabird Protection Network
The summary for the BLM CA North Coast Seabird Protection Network grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM CA North Coast Seabird Protection Network: The North Coast Seabird Protection Network (NCSPN) is one of a series of projects funded by the Kure/Stuyvesant Restoration Fund. On November 5, 1997 M/V Kure released 4,500 gallons of oil into Humboldt Bay resulting from a fuel tank puncture on a Louisiana Pacific dock piling near Samoa, California. On September 6, 1999, the dredge M-V Stuyvesant spilled approximately 2,100 gallons of oil into the Pacific Ocean near the mouth of Humboldt Bay, near Eureka, California. Strong winds after the discharge event spread the oil nearly 15 miles offshore and north to Patrickâ¿¿s Point near Trinidad. The spills affected coastal beaches and wildlife along the Humboldt County coast. Wildlife response efforts collected and documented the injured and dead wildlife, including seabirds that were affected by the spills between Humboldt Bay and Trinidad.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM CA North Coast Seabird Protection Network|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00141|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 9th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 9th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||June 9th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||June 9th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||August 30th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 9th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This financial assistance opportunity is also open to all partners under any Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU) program. CESUs are partnerships that provide research, technical assistance, and education. If a cooperative agreement is awarded to a CESU partner under a formally negotiated Master CESU agreement, indirect costs are limited to a rate of no more than 17.5% of the indirect cost base recognized in the partner's Federal Agency-approved Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- GMS Karen Law (916) 978-4322
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...