BLM CA Seed Strategy Implementation
The summary for the BLM CA Seed Strategy Implementation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM CA Seed Strategy Implementation: In California, the BLM has worked with stakeholders to share information and technical expertise, which assists managing native plant communities and native plant species on public lands including botanical inventories population and genetic studies, demographic and life history studies, habitat modeling, vulnerability assessments of plants and plant communities to changes in temperature and precipitation, development and implement tools, monitoring plans, restoration and management plans, assess restoration efforts that improve the management and understanding of rare and common plant species. BLM has reviewed models and research products and plans as they are developed, and facilitated seed collections and access to public lands that further research investigations and studies. The National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration provides goals and objectives for the development of genetically appropriate native seed for the rehabilitation and restoration of public lands. There is a need to implement this strategy in California, to further improve ecosystem health, provide adaptation to climate change, and native plant communities and wildlife habitat restoration and management objectives.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM CA Seed Strategy Implementation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00145|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 9th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 9th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||June 9th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||June 9th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||August 30th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 9th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This financial assistance opportunity is also open to all partners under any Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU) program. CESUs are partnerships that provide research, technical assistance, and education. If a cooperative agreement is awarded to a CESU partner under a formally negotiated Master CESU agreement, indirect costs are limited to a rate of no more than 17.5% of the indirect cost base recognized in the partner's Federal Agency-approved Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- GMS Karen Law (916) 978-4322
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...