BLM CA Southern California Botanical Projects
The summary for the BLM CA Southern California Botanical Projects grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM CA Southern California Botanical Projects: California public lands contain diverse natural communities that support a large number of native plants and animals. Nearly 2,096 plants are considered rare, threatened or uncommon and during this time, we have already seen 32 species go extinct in California. With all this great diversity, only about twenty-five percent of the original vegetation remains in a somewhat pristine condition. BLMâ¿¿s resource protection mission, and associated strategic plan, calls for BLM field managers to create habitat conditions that enable biological communities to flourish. The BLM Plant Conservation Program in Southern California includes inventories, seed collections, propagation, monitoring, genetic analysis etc. This project is a cooperation between a Southern California Botanic Garden (that is a member of the Center for Plant Conservation) and the BLM. Working together, we will establish a Seeds of Success program in Southern California, monitor rare plant species, inventory populations, and pursue many more plant-related research opportunities.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM CA Southern California Botanical Projects|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00158|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 11th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 11th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||June 12th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||June 12th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||September 25th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 12th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- GMS Karen Law (916) 978-4322
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands