BLM NM Wildlife Resource Management
The summary for the BLM NM Wildlife Resource Management grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM NM Wildlife Resource Management: The BLM NM Wildlife Program helps ensure self-sustaining populations and a natural abundance and diversity of wildlife on public lands for the enjoyment and use of present and future generations. The Program is responsible for maintaining, restoring, and conserving species and their habitats in cooperation with the Federal and State wildlife agencies, and other partner organizations. BLM-administered public lands are home to thousands of mammal, reptile, avian, amphibian, and invertebrate species over some of our nation's most ecologically diverse and essential habitat. The BLM will work with partners and maintain close collaboration with States, Tribes, other Federal agencies, and other organizations in conserving and restoring wildlife habitats to support wildlife and wildlife uses under a shared conservation stewardship approach. The BLM uses the latest geospatial data technologies to share wildlife and wildlife data within BLM and with partners to work more efficiently. The Wildlife Program leverages funds with other BLM programs to address vegetation restoration that not only improves wildlife habitat, but also increases forage for livestock, improves water quality, removes invasive weed species, and reduces the threat for catastrophic wildfires. In 2019, the BLM NM is focusing work in areas to facilitate meeting the priorities of the Administration, Secretary, Congressional appropriations, and the BLM. This would include but not be limited to expanding hunting and wildlife viewing opportunities and identifying areas to increase access for these purposes; working with State agencies to meet State wildlife population objectives and working with rural communities to enhance economic opportunities related to wildlife; working to enhance habitat for upland game, waterfowl, big game and watchable wildlife species; providing employment opportunities for youths and veterans; providing consistent data to streamline energy and grazing permitting, and working with partners to provide data to streamline land use planning; and partnering with conservation stewardship organizations to increase habitat quality.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM NM Wildlife Resource Management|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L19AS00053|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 31st, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 31st, 2019|
|Posted Date:||May 14th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||May 14th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||May 14th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 14th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Click on Related Documents and Package to download full announcement instructions and application package.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Sheri Dowley (505) 216-8596
NM Wildlife Resource Management
- Similar Government Grants
- • Arizona Wildlife Resource Management
- • Montana/Dakotas Wildlife Resource Management
- • Nevada Wildlife Resource Management
- • BLM-CO Strengthening Partnerships for Wildlife Resource Management on Colorado's Publ...
- • FY2020 BLM WO Wildlife Resources Management Program Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • BLM-AZ Bald Eagles Conservation
- • BLM-CO Strengthening Partnerships for Wildlife Partnerships and Habitat Management
- • BLM-WO, Wet Meadows Restoration in Sagebrush & Grassland Wildlife Habitat
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...