BLM UT Hamlin Valley Sage Grouse Habitat Assessment, Population monitoring and Mapping
The summary for the BLM UT Hamlin Valley Sage Grouse Habitat Assessment, Population monitoring and Mapping grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM UT Hamlin Valley Sage Grouse Habitat Assessment, Population monitoring and Mapping: The Utah Bureau of Land Managements Cedar City Field Office has acquired one time funding to work with greater sage grouse in Utahs southwest desert. The greater sage grouse is a federally listed candidate species under U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services Endangered Species Act ESA. The BLM has an opportunity to support studies, assessments, and data collection and support studies of sage grouse population movements and habitat use. This project will involve on the ground assessment, delineation, and mapping of existing and potential high quality sage grouse seasonal habitats of this study is to determine sage grouse habitat use and movements within Hamlin Valley to identify crucial habitats used for breeding, nesting, brood rearing and wintering within Hamlin Valley. Hamlin Valley has been identified by the local sage grouse working group SWARM as a stronghold population for sage grouse populations. A continuing need exists to develop information within Hamlin Valley regarding habitat quality for greater sage grouse within Hamlin Valley in order to make sound decisions regarding management of greater sage grouse habitat. Applications will be accepted from Universities, state government, and nonprofit organizations who demonstrate knowledge of monitoring greater sage grouse habitat within southwest Utah.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM UT Hamlin Valley Sage Grouse Habitat Assessment, Population monitoring and Mapping|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L10AS00342|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 20, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Sep 02, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Sep 15, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Nov 30, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$40,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Andrea J Ramos, email@example.com
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...