BLM UT Study of the Dwarf Bear-Claw Poppy in Washington County, Utah
The summary for the BLM UT Study of the Dwarf Bear-Claw Poppy in Washington County, Utah grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM UT Study of the Dwarf Bear-Claw Poppy in Washington County, Utah: The dwarf bear-claw poppy is a listed endangered species under the Endangered Species Act of 1973 and is restricted in distribution to western Washington County, Utah. Studies conducted in recent years have found significants difference in fruits/flower, seeds/fruit and the weight of seeds among the seven poppy populations. To further that work, this project will conduct several studies at each of the seven populations. Pollinator studies would consist of viewing and collecting insects visiting flowers for specific periods of time. Insects would be identified, and counted. Specific flowers would be assayed for pollen grain numbered and tagged to estimated fruit set. A series of experimental hand pollinations would be undertaken. Flowers at different population sized sites would be would be pollinated to determine biologically whether smaller populations are more genetically challenged than larger populations. The number of successful mating types will be estimated and compared among populations by cross-pollinating at least three flowers on each of 15-25 plants with donor pollen from each of three flowers at different distances from the pollen recipient. Comparisons would be made among populations in fruits/flowers, seeds/fruit and fruit weight. Lastly, a series of labeled pollen studies at each of the populations would be undertaken to determine the movement of pollen between populations.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM UT Study of the Dwarf Bear-Claw Poppy in Washington County, Utah|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L13AS00241|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Sep 03, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Sep 03, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Nov 30, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$50,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$12,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$12,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Maria Gochis, Grants Management Officer, 801-539-4178
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands