BLM Utah 2017 Heritage Resources Preservation Programs and Projects
The summary for the BLM Utah 2017 Heritage Resources Preservation Programs and Projects grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM Utah 2017 Heritage Resources Preservation Programs and Projects: Public lands in Utah are home to many thousands of unique and irreplaceable archaeological, historical, and paleontological resources that represent Utahâ¿¿s 13,000 year human history and millions of years of biological prehistory. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) administers approximately 23 million acres of public land in Utah with eleven local field offices, which are coordinated by the BLM Utah State Office in Salt Lake City. BLM-Utahâ¿¿s State Officeâ¿¿s Cultural Resources Management and Paleontology Programs coordinate the management, preservation, and outreach efforts for these resources. Cultural and Paleontological Resources Management Program manages and preserves the archaeological and historical locations, structures, and objects that represent a unique component of our national heritage. This program also engages with Native American tribes and the public as stakeholders in these resources. BLM-Utahâ¿¿s Paleontology Program manages and preserves paleontological resources as a fragile, nonrenewable scientific record and an important component of America's natural heritage. These programs manage these archaeological, historical, and paleontological resources, or â¿¿heritage resources,â¿ for educational, scientific, cultural, and recreational values. The BLM Utah State Officeâ¿¿s Cultural Resource Management and Paleontology Programs are seeking to establish partnerships to collaboratively encourage the public to learn about and engage with heritage resources in Utah, increase volunteer opportunities, increase engagement with Native American tribes, and encourage studies on public lands.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM Utah 2017 Heritage Resources Preservation Programs and Projects|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00028|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 30th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 30th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||February 9th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||February 9th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||September 30th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 9th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Melanie Beckstead (801) 539-4169
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nevada Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM Utah Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM-ES, Cultural and Paleontological Resource Managment Program
- • Wyoming Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM-CO Preserving Cultural and Paleontological Resources on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Anasazi Heritage Center Book Store
- • Partnership for Traditional Cultural Property Evaluation
- • Powder Magazine Reuse in South Dakota
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands