BLM-Utah Biomass Resources Partnership Project
The summary for the BLM-Utah Biomass Resources Partnership Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-Utah Biomass Resources Partnership Project: BLM Utah is seeking a partner under the Colorado Plateau Cooperative Ecosystem Unit to give students and faculty an opportunity to be exposed to a well rounded and functioning collaborative group. This group will facilitate the utilization of biomass, assist in establishing a biomass market, generate community support, add to the local economy, and help meet forest and woodland health and management goals. Additionally, this will help land management agencies provide a leading role in fulfilling goals for a new energy economy based on a rapid and responsible move to large-scale production of solar, wind, geothermal, and biomass energy. This collaborative effort is in direct support of the BLM draft biomass strategy. Opportunities for biomass utilization in BLM Utah are great; however, currently available markets and costs associated with removing/hauling material make small scale utilization profit negligible. In many instances, in regard to restoration treatments, biomass utilization as opposed to mastication or burning can be viewed as financially impractical while the overall ecosystem and carbon benefit of biomass removal is greater.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-Utah Biomass Resources Partnership Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L11AS00064|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 26, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 26, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Apr 05, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Apr 05, 2011|
|Archive Date:||May 31, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$44,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$44,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Maria Gochis, Grants Management Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...