Colorado Forestry Technical Assistance
The summary for the Colorado Forestry Technical Assistance grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Colorado State Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Colorado Forestry Technical Assistance: Applicants will provide the following forestry technical services to NRCS personnel, its partners and clientele: develop and revise Woodland Technical Notes, other technology transfer products and forestry conservation practice standards in the NRCS Field Office Technical Guide; develop and conduct forestry training including agroforestry and forestry resource management systems on private forest land; assist in developing ecological site descriptions on forest lands in MLRAs 34, 36, 47, 48, and 49; provide information to watershed work groups on the condition and natural resource concerns associated with private forest lands within the watersheds; collect vegetation and growth site information to support soil-woodland correlation activities and develop/update woodland and forestry sections of soil survey manuscripts and input data into the NRCS National Soils Information System (NASIS) and Ecological Site Information System (ESIS) databases; develop and conduct landowner training to incorporate planning and implementation of forestry and agroforestry management into conservation plans; participate as a team member in training sessions dealing with Environmental Compliance, Conservation Planning, technical applications for USDA Farm Bill Conservation Programs, and other technology transfer training sessions assigned to the Ecological Sciences staff of thee Colorado NRCS State Office; provide direct technical assistance on forestry-related issues to Colorado NRCS area and field offices as requested; develop partnerships, coordinate with other state and federal agencies and develop promotional efforts to expand conservation efforts on forest lands. Applicants will provide/assign one professional forester full time to serve on the NRCS Ecological Sciences Staff in Lakewood, Colorado. NRCS will provide office space, equipment, supplies, and a vehicle (to be used while on official business or travel to complete assigned tasks). NRCS will reimburse the Applicant for normal federal travel per diem expenses associated with all travel necessary to carry out assigned tasks to complete this agreement. Any persons chosen to fulfill the works of this agreement will be considered employees of the Applicant and not of the NRCS. Work assignments will be coordinated with the Applicant?s assigned Project Manager.
|Federal Grant Title:||Colorado Forestry Technical Assistance|
|Federal Agency Name:||Colorado State Office|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NRCS-CO-4-20|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Soil and Water Conservation|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 27, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Aug 23, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Aug 23, 2004|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$42,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$60,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Andersen, Cindy, Contract Specialist, Phone 720.544.2827, Fax 720.544.2962, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Andersen, Cindy
- Similar Government Grants
- • Watershed Assessments for the National Water Quality Initiative
- • Cooperative Conservation Agreements, Fiscal Year 2020 Announcement for Funding - Massachus...
- • Conservation Technical Assistance in Vermont for Grazing Program
- • Mississippi Conservation Delivery Technical Assistance for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020
- • Announcement for proposals to provide Technical Assistance for Conservation Objectives in ...
- • Statistical and Survey Methods for National Resources Inventory
- • Farm Bill Public Outreach
- • Grazing Land Demonstration Grants
- More Grants from the Colorado State Office
- • Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG) Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 Announcement for Program Funding...
- • 2013 NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants - Colorado Full Proposals
- • NRCS CO State Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG) FY13
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - FY2011 Colorado State Component
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Colorado State Component