Dental Faculty Loan Repayment Program
The summary for the Dental Faculty Loan Repayment Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Dental Faculty Loan Repayment Program: The purpose of this program is to increase the number of dental and dental hygiene faculty in the workforce by assisting dental and dental hygiene training programs to attract and retain dental and dental hygiene faculty through loan repayment. Pursuant to the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2017 report language, HRSA will award a preference to applicants providing loan repayment to pediatric dentistry faculty supervising residents at dental training institutions providing clinical services in dental clinics located in dental schools, hospitals, or community-based affiliated sites.
|Federal Grant Title:||Dental Faculty Loan Repayment Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-17-115|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 17th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 17th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||June 1st, 2017|
|Creation Date:||June 1st, 2017|
|Archive Date:||September 15th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 1st, 2017|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible entities include entities that have programs in dental or dental hygiene schools, or approved residency or advanced education programs in the practice of general, pediatric, or public health dentistry. Eligible applicants must have accredited training programs in dental or dental hygiene schools, or approved residency or advanced education programs in the practice of general dentistry, pediatric dentistry, or dental public health. You must submit accreditation documentation for the relevant training program in Attachment 4, as identified in Section IV.2.vi of this NOFO. Preference in making grant awards will be given to applicants providing loan repayment to pediatric dentistry faculty supervising residents at dental training institutions providing clinical services in dental clinics located in dental schools, hospitals, or community-based affiliated sites. Current recipients of awards under the Dental Faculty Development and Loan Repayment Program are not eligible to apply for this NOFO. Foreign entities are not eligible to apply for this NOFO.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact Nicolette Bennett at (301)443-3562 or email NBennett@hrsa.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • Predoctoral Pediatric Training in General Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
- • Postdoctoral Training in General, Pediatric, and Public Health Dentistry
- • Predoctoral Training in General, Pediatric and Public Health Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
- • Faculty Development in General, Pediatric, and Public Health Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care