Effectiveness Monitoring for Adaptive Management to Conserve Desert Tortoise
The summary for the Effectiveness Monitoring for Adaptive Management to Conserve Desert Tortoise grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Effectiveness Monitoring for Adaptive Management to Conserve Desert Tortoise: BLM proposes to partner with applicant to address pressing questions associated with required mitigation measures (e.g. fencing roads, constructing culverts, rehabilitating disturbed habitat) to offset impacts to desert tortoise and determine how effective these measure are in improving tortoise conditions (e.g. reducing mortality and increasing recruitment). Effectiveness monitoring measures the success of the mitigation effort given the expected outcomes and resulting environmental effects, which can improve agency decision-making by providing feedback on the effectiveness of mitigation actions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Effectiveness Monitoring for Adaptive Management to Conserve Desert Tortoise|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BLM-L11AS00226|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 05, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 05, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Aug 16, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Aug 16, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Oct 05, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Project open to the Universities under the California Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CA CESU)4
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Andralee Holden-Hughes Purchasing Office Phone 951-697-5254
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...