Elementary and Secondary School Counseling Programs
The summary for the Elementary and Secondary School Counseling Programs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Headquarters and Regional Offices, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Elementary and Secondary School Counseling Programs: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Eligible applicants: Local educational agencies. Purpose of Program: The purpose of the Elementary and Secondary School Counseling program is to award grants to local educational agencies for the purpose of establishing or expanding elementary and secondary school counseling programs. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.215E.
|Federal Grant Title:||Elementary and Secondary School Counseling Programs|
|Federal Agency Name:||Headquarters and Regional Offices|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-020304-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fund for the Improvement of Education|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 19, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Feb 03, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Apr 18, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Apr 18, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:||$11,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||35|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- 1. Eligible Applicants: Local educational agencies. 2. Cost Sharing or Matching: This program does not involve cost sharing or matching, but does involve supplement-not-supplant funding provisions. Section 5421(b)(2)(G) of the ESEA requires applicants under the program to assure that program funds will be used to supplement, and not supplant, any other Federal, State, or local funds used for providing school-based counseling and mental health services to students. 3. Other: Section 5421(g)(2) of the ESEA requires that for any fiscal year in which the amount available for this program is less than $40,000,000 the Secretary makes grants to local educational agencies only to establish or expand counseling programs in elementary schools. The FY 2004 appropriation for this program is $33,799,400. Therefore, under this notice applicants must propose projects that establish or expand counseling programs only in elementary schools.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Cotton, Julius, ED FedGrants Administrator, Phone (202) 708-8562, Fax (202) 205-0667, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Cotton, Julius
- Similar Government Grants
- • Extension Grants Funding Opportunity for Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Promise Neighborhoods Exten...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Full-Service Community Schools (FSCS)...
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII) Full-Service Community Schools (FSCS) Program C...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Innovative Approaches to Literacy (IA...
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Promise Neighborhoods Program CFDA Number 84.2...
- • Excellence in Economic Education Program
- • Smaller Learning Communities--Special Competition for Supplemental Reading Program Researc...
- • Teaching American History Grant Program
- More Grants from the Headquarters and Regional Offices
- • Special Focus Competition: European Community-United States of America Cooperation Program...
- • Early Reading First Program
- • Charter Schools Program (CSP)
- • Teaching American History Grant Program
- • Small Business Innovation Research Program--Phase I