Engaging State and Local Emergency Management Agencies to Improve States Ability to Prepare for and Respond to All-Hazards Events
The summary for the Engaging State and Local Emergency Management Agencies to Improve States Ability to Prepare for and Respond to All-Hazards Events grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Engaging State and Local Emergency Management Agencies to Improve States Ability to Prepare for and Respond to All-Hazards Events: The purpose of the program is to prepare the Nation's public health systems to minimize the consequences associated with all-hazards events. This includes the intentional or unintentional release of a biological or chemical agent causing disease and injury in the nation's population. The public health response requires recognition of the unique yet interdependent, roles that local, state and federal agencies play to be effective. The development of infrastructure to support emergency responses must be built collaboratively. This program addresses the draft "Healthy People 2010" focus areas: Environmental Health, Immunization and Infectious Disease and Public Health Infrastructure.
|Federal Grant Title:||Engaging State and Local Emergency Management Agencies to Improve States Ability to Prepare for and Respond to All-Hazards Events|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-TP10-1004|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Public Health Emergency Preparedness|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 16, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 16, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Sep 15, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Assistance will be provided only to the National Emergency Management Association (NEMA). No other applicants are solicited. NEMA is uniquely qualified to be the recipient organization because: NEMA is the national professional association of state and insular state emergency management directors committed to providing national leadership and expertise in comprehensive emergency management; serving as a vital information and assistance resource for state and territorial directors and their governors; and forging strategic partnerships to advance continuous improvements in emergency management. NEMA represents the interests of state and local governments (as an affiliate of the Council of State Governments), emergency response agencies and their local constituents. NEMA's members/constituents are actively involved in emergency preparedness and response activities within the 50 states, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the territories of American Samoa, Guam and the Virgin Islands. NEMA's organization maintains a strong relationship with the state and local emergency management agencies and actively assists in establishing broad-based policies related to improving emergency response capacities. NEMA conducts routine meetings/conferences to ensure broad-based policy issues are discussed and best practices are shared among constituents. NEMA has developed and maintains a website on the Internet that currently enables dissemination of information to their members/constituents. NEMA is the only organization in the country actively bringing together all of the various disciplines with roles and responsibilities in emergency prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office grants Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Cooperative Agreement
- • Public Health Preparedness and Response (PHPR) Cooperative Agreement for All-Hazards Publi...
- • Building Capacity of the Public Health Emergency Preparedness Response Systems in the Paci...
- • Preparedness and Emergency Response Learning Centers
- • OPHR-NR-C
- • Pandemic Influenza Funding Announcement for Competitive Proposals (Activities) U90
- • Planning and Development of Regional Surveillance Collaboratives
- • Public Health Emergency Response (PHER)
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2