Estimation of fish mortality due to passage through the Thayn Hydroelectric Project, Green River, UT
The summary for the Estimation of fish mortality due to passage through the Thayn Hydroelectric Project, Green River, UT grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Estimation of fish mortality due to passage through the Thayn Hydroelectric Project, Green River, UT: The Upper Colorado River Endangered Fish Recovery Program (Recovery Program) is a unique partnership of local, state, and federal agencies, water and power interests, and environmental groups working to recover endangered fish in the Upper Colorado River Basin (humpback chub Gila cypha, Colorado pikeminnow Ptychocheilus lucius, bonytail Gila elegans, and razorback sucker Xyrauchen texanus) while water development proceeds in accordance with federal and state laws and interstate compacts. This major undertaking involves restoring and managing stream flows and habitat, boosting wild populations with hatchery-raised endangered fish, and reducing negative interactions with certain nonnative fish species. The goal of recovery is to achieve natural, self-sustaining populations of the endangered fish so they no longer require protection under the federal Endangered Species Act.
|Federal Grant Title:||Estimation of fish mortality due to passage through the Thayn Hydroelectric Project, Green River, UT|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R12SF40021|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Upper Colorado and San Juan River Basins Endangered Fish Recovery Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 29, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 15, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Apr 13, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jun 11, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jun 30, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$50,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Federal Agencies,Interstate, Intrastate, State and local governments, Public Institutions/Organizations, and Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Heidi Hansen Grants Management Specialist Phone 801-524-3760
Bureau of Reclamation [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Linking morpho-dynamic and biological-habitat conditions on the Middle Rio Grande
- • Grand Valley Power Plant Rehabilitation - Switch Gears, Controls, and Electrical
- • Upper Colorado and San Juan River Recovery Program Database Development
- • Museum Curation of San Juan River Fish Samples
- • Food Habitat Study of Channel Catfish in the San Juan River
- • Development of a Stationary Pit Tag Detection System for use in the Colorado River Basin a...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region
- • Hopi Participation in the Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan for the Glen Canyon D...
- • Long Term Experimental and Management Plan (LTEMP) Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Pa...
- • Analysis of Potential San Juan Ecosystem Restoration Sites and Hazardous Material Threats
- • Paiute Participation in the Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan for the Glen Canyon...
- • Design, Construction and Construction Oversight for the Reaches 24.1, 25 and 26 of the Nav...