Expanded Medical Capacity
The summary for the Expanded Medical Capacity grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Expanded Medical Capacity: The purpose of this activity is to support the expansion of medical capacity at existing section 330 supported health center sites and significantly increase the number of people with access to comprehensive primary and preventive health care services. Strategies may include but are not limited to expanding existing primary care medical services, adding new medical providers, expanding hours of operations, or providing additional medical services through contractual relationships (e.g., OB/GYN services). This supplementary grant activity is part of the President's Health Centers Initiative, a five-year plan to strengthen the health care safety net by establishing or expanding health centers in 1,200 of the Nation's neediest communities to serve an additional 6 million people.
|Federal Grant Title:||Expanded Medical Capacity|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-06-054|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Community Health Centers|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 15, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Nov 04, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Nov 04, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Feb 13, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$112,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||303|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicants are limited to section 330 funded health center grantees (i.e., Community Health Centers, section 330(e); Migrant Health Centers, section 330(g); Health Care for the Homeless, section 330(h); and Public Housing Primary Care, section 330(i), of the Consolidated Health Center Program). Additional eligibility requirements will be included in the application materials.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email CallCenter@HRSA.GOV CallCenter@HRSA.GOV
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Area Competition
- • Service Area Competitions
- • New Access Points in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996
- • Health Center Consortia Opportunity
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care