Service Area Competitions
The summary for the Service Area Competitions grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Service Area Competitions: Community Health Centers, Migrant Health Centers, Health Care for the Homeless, Public Housing Primary Care and School-Based Health Centers are designed to promote the development and operation of community-based primary health care service systems in medically underserved areas for medically underserved populations. It is the intent of HRSA to continue to support health services in these areas, given the unmet need inherent in their provision of services to medically underserved populations. It is expected that each applicaton submitted to serve one of these areas will represent a clear focus on maintaining access to care and reducing health disparities identified in the target population. HRSA will open competition for awards under Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act to support health services in the areas served by these grants.
|Federal Grant Title:||Service Area Competitions|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-06-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Community Health Centers|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Application deadline dates are: 6/17/2005 5:00:00|
|Posted Date:||Jul 05, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Jul 05, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Mar 03, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,560,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||900|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicants are limited to currently funded programs whose project periods expire during FY 2006 and new organizations proposing to serve the same areas or populations being served by these existing programs. New organizations eligible to compete to serve one of these areas are public and nonprofit private entities, including tribal, faith-based and community-based organizations.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email CallCenter@HRSA.GOV CallCenter@HRSA.GOV
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Area Competition
- • Expanded Medical Capacity
- • New Access Points in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996
- • Health Center Consortia Opportunity
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care