New Access Points in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996
The summary for the New Access Points in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
New Access Points in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996: The purpose of this activity is to support the establishment of new service delivery sites for each type of Health Centers funded under Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act. Each application for support to establish a new site must identify a population in need of primary health care services, and propose a specific plan to increase access to care and reduce disparities identified in the population or community to be served. This activity is the lead in fulfilling the President's multi-year Initiative to Expand Health Centers to bring much needed primary health care services to the Nation's neediest communities. In FY 2006, the establishment of new delivery sites under this program will be in the final year of a five-year initiative. The purpose of the Consolidated Health Center Program is to extend comprehensive primary and preventive health services (including mental health, substance abuse and oral health services) and supplemental servi! ces to populations currently without access to such services, and to improve their health status. The program includes: 1) Community Health Centers, section 330(e); 2) Migrant Health Centers, section 330(g); 3) Health Care for the Homeless program, section 330(h); 4) Public Housing Primary Care, section 330(i); and 5) School Based Health Centers, section 330. The population served by these programs are: 1) medically underserved populations in urban and rural areas; 2) migratory and seasonal agricultural workers and their families; 3) homeless people, including children and families; 4) residents of publicly subsidized housing; and 5) medically underserved school-students (K-12), their families, and medically underserved populations surrounding the school.
|Federal Grant Title:||New Access Points in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-06-004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Community Health Centers|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 26, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Oct 28, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Oct 28, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Jul 25, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$87,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||145|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Public and non-profit private entities, including tribal, faith-based and community-based organizations.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the call center. firstname.lastname@example.org HRSA Call Center
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Area Competition
- • Expanded Medical Capacity
- • Service Area Competitions
- • Health Center Consortia Opportunity
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care