FY 2018 Remote Sensing for Snowpack and Soil Moisture
The summary for the FY 2018 Remote Sensing for Snowpack and Soil Moisture grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2018 Remote Sensing for Snowpack and Soil Moisture: OAR's Office of Weather and Air Quality (OWAQ) is soliciting proposals to support research and development that has a strong potential for advancing the use of snowpack (snow water equivalent) and soil moisture remote sensing data to improve the National Water Model (NWM) and contribute directly to the mission of NOAA's National Water Center over the next 1 to 2 years.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2018 Remote Sensing for Snowpack and Soil Moisture|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-OAR-OWAQ-2018-2005521|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 26th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 26th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||February 22nd, 2018|
|Creation Date:||February 22nd, 2018|
|Archive Date:||May 26th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 22nd, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education; other nonprofits; commercial organizations; state, local and Indian tribal governments; and Federal agencies.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For questions about this announcement contact Dr. Mark Vincent at Mark.Vincent@noaa.gov.
Work email address
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY2020 Office of Weather and Air Quality Research Programs
- • FY2019 Office of Weather and Air Quality Research Programs
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Verification of the Origins of Rotation in Tornadoes Experiment in t...
- • FY 2018 Joint Technology Transfer Initiative
- • FY 2017 Verification of the Origins of Rotation in Tornadoes Experiment in the Southeast U...
- • Social Science Weather Research
- • FY 2013 Joint Hurricane Testbed
- • FY 2015 Joint Hurricane Testbed
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • National Sea Grant College Program 2020 Special Projects
- • Accelerate R2 Network Challenge - FINAL
- • Environmental Literacy Grants: Supporting the education of K-12 students and the public fo...
- • National Competitive Harmful Algal Bloom Programs
- • 2020 Pacific Northwest Bay-Watershed Education and Training