Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 DoD Research and Education Program for Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority-Serving Institutions (HBCU/MI) Equipment/Instrumentation
The summary for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 DoD Research and Education Program for Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority-Serving Institutions (HBCU/MI) Equipment/Instrumentation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army -- Materiel Command, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 DoD Research and Education Program for Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority-Serving Institutions (HBCU/MI) Equipment/Instrumentation: The Department of Defense (DoD) is soliciting applications for the acquisition of equipment/instrumentation under the Fiscal Year 2021 Research and Education Program for HBCU/MI. The Research and Education Program is designed to enhance the research capabilities of HBCUs and MIs and to strengthen their STEM education programs. The purpose of funding under this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to (1) support the acquisition of equipment/instrumentation to augment existing capabilities or to develop new capabilities in research areas of interest to DoD, and (2) attract students to pursue studies leading to STEM careers. Although funding provided under this FOA cannot be used for student support, in order to further DoD’s objective of attracting students to pursue studies leading to STEM careers, applicants must address the impact of the requested equipment/instrumentation on student participation in research.
|Federal Grant Title:||Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 DoD Research and Education Program for Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority-Serving Institutions (HBCU/MI) Equipment/Instrumentation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army -- Materiel Command (DOD-AMC)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology and other Research and Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W911NF-20-S-0010|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 28th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 28th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||May 20th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||May 20th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||September 27th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$25,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1000|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 17th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- As provided in 10 U.S.C. § 2362, eligibility for this competition is open only to “covered educational institutions,” which are defined as:a. institutions of higher education eligible for assistance under Title III or V of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1051 et seq.); orb. accredited post-secondary minority institutions.Eligible applicants include community colleges or other 2-year degree granting institutions meeting the definition of a “covered educational institution.”
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Mr. Leroy Hardy
Point of Contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Geospatial Intelligence Agency Boosting Innovative GEOINT Research Broad Agency A...
- • Evaluating Non-floodplain Wetlands for Flood-Risk Reduction and Nutrient Mediation in the ...
- • Award for Fundamental Research in Socio-Mathematics of Information and Influence
- • : Implementing Lifecycle Characterization of Embedded Dam Gate Anchorage Using Non-Destruc...
- • Northwestern Pond Turtle Study, Willamette Valley, Oregon
- • FY 06 Department of Defense (DoD) Infrastructure Support Program for Historically Black Co...
- • 2006 Pathogen and Toxin Concentration Systems for Water Monitoring Broad Agency Announceme...
- • FY04 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army -- Materiel Command
- • CCDC-ARL MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY FOA
- • VISION AIDED NAVIGATION PROTOTYPES
- • Low-Cost Chip-Scale Atomic Clock (LC CSAC)
- • UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY Broad Agency Announcement
- • Innovation Corps @ Department of Defense Program (I-Corps @ DoD Program) Fiscal Year 2020