Global Health Research Initiative Program for New Foreign Investigators (R01)
The summary for the Global Health Research Initiative Program for New Foreign Investigators (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Global Health Research Initiative Program for New Foreign Investigators (R01): This RFA is intended to promote productive re-entry of NIH-trained foreign investigators into their home countries as part of a broader program to enhance the scientific research infrastructure in developing countries, to stimulate research on a wide variety of high priority health-related issues in these countries, and to advance NIH efforts to address health issues of global import. The specific goal of this initiative is to provide funding opportunities for the increasing pool of foreign biomedical and behavioral scientists, clinical investigators, nurses, and other health professionals with state-of-the-art knowledge of research methods to advance critical issues in global health upon their return to their home countries. After their term of research training, developing country participants supported by this RFA are expected to continue independent and productive scientific careers, including expert training and consultation and/or research of biomedical issues within their home institutions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Global Health Research Initiative Program for New Foreign Investigators (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-TW-03-006|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Senior International Fellowships|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 18, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Nov 08, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Mar 20, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Mar 20, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Planning Grant for Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (D71 No Clinical Tr...
- • Health-professional Education Partnership Initiative (HEPI) (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • African Association for Health Professions Education and Research (R25)(Clinical Trials No...
- • Planning for Non-Communicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training Programs in Low and...
- • Planning Grants for International Malaria Clinical, Operational and Health Services Resear...
- • Framework Programs for Global Health
- • Stigma and Global Health Research Program
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...