Golden Eagle Concentration Areas and Renewable Energy in the Montana/Dakotas
The summary for the Golden Eagle Concentration Areas and Renewable Energy in the Montana/Dakotas grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Golden Eagle Concentration Areas and Renewable Energy in the Montana/Dakotas: Interest in energy development in Montana has moved to include renewable energy development in addition to traditional development. In addition, the USFWS issued a rule under the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act covering take permits for Golden Eagles and Draft Guidance for Eagle Conservation Plans. In order to respond adequately and provide information to managers to make informed decisions to new requests for uses of public lands in Montana and the Dakotas, information on Golden Eagle ecology is needed. Identifying and modeling Golden Eagle habitat characteristics and use at the landscape level will help understand the potential issues/conflict between permitted uses and eagle movements are a vital first steps to creating a balance between Golden Eagle populations and sustainable development. There are two main populations of eagles we will examine in Eastern Montana and the Dakotas: 1) residents, including nesting individuals and floaters, and 2) migratory birds, including winter residents, and those utilizing areas in Montana and/or Dakotas as stopover points. We hope to identify the locations, extents, and importance of areas in this region for these populations of Golden Eagles to add to our current knowledge of nesting locations. Potential products include nest location models, concentration area models, increased bird and important location information, basic ecology differences between resident and migratory populations, and recommendations to avoid impacts to Golden Eagles from development in the Northwestern Great and Glaciated Plains. Successful applicant must currently have or demonstrate the ability to obtain applicable federal and state Scientific Collecting permits.
|Federal Grant Title:||Golden Eagle Concentration Areas and Renewable Energy in the Montana/Dakotas|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L11AS00119|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 11, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 11, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jun 10, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jun 10, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jul 17, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Successful applicant must currently have or demonstrate the ability to obtain applicable federal and state Scientific Collecting permits.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Shawna R. Rogers, Contract Specialist, email@example.com
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands