HIV/AIDS Risk Reduction Interventions for Heterosexually-Active African-American Men (UR6)
The summary for the HIV/AIDS Risk Reduction Interventions for Heterosexually-Active African-American Men (UR6) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
HIV/AIDS Risk Reduction Interventions for Heterosexually-Active African-American Men (UR6): Secretarys Forecast Summary RFA-PS-07-002 CDCs Procurement and Grants Office has published a program announcement entitled, "HIV/AIDS Risk Reduction Interventions for Heterosexually-Active African-American Men (UR6)." Approximately $675,000 will be available in fiscal year 2007 to fund approximately three awards. The purpose of the program is to conduct research on the development of behavioral interventions designed to reduce sexual risk for HIV among heterosexually-active African-American men who do not inject drugs, who are at-risk primarily due to unprotected sex with multiple or concurrent sex partners of the opposite sex, and for whom few effective evidence-based risk reduction interventions have been identified. For complete program details, please see the full announcement on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/FOAs.htm. The estimated funding date is July 31, 2007.
|Federal Grant Title:||HIV/AIDS Risk Reduction Interventions for Heterosexually-Active African-American Men (UR6)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-PS-07-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||HIV Demonstration, Research, Public and Professional Education Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 30, 2007 Applications must be received by the|
|Posted Date:||Jan 29, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jan 29, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Apr 29, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$675,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$225,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- . Eligible Organizations: Public nonprofit organizations; private nonprofit organizations; for profit organizations; small, minority, and women-owned businesses; universities; colleges; research institutions; hospitals; community-based organizations; faith-based organizations; federally recognized Indian tribal governments; Indian/Native American tribal government (federally recognized); Indian tribal government (other than federally recognized); Indian/Native American tribally designated organizations; State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau); and political subdivisions of states (in consultation with states.) A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If you are applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, you must provide a letter from the state or local government as documentation of your status. Attach this documentation behind the first page of your application form or for electronic applications, use a PDF file and attach as "Other Documents" and label as appropriate.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Phone 770-488-2700 firstname.lastname@example.org CDC Procurement and Grants Office
- Similar Government Grants
- • Evaluation of New HIV Testing Technologies in Clinical Settings with High HIV Incidence
- • Implementing and Evaluating a Data-to-Care Rx Strategy
- • Minority HIV Research Initiative (MARI) to Support Epidemiologic and Implementation Scienc...
- • Strategies to Maintain HIV Viral Suppression Among State Prison Inmates Released to the Co...
- • Systems-level Approach to Improving Health Outcomes for HIV-positive State Prison Inmates ...
- • Diffusion of Partnership for Health to Health Care and Medical Agencies Serving Persons Li...
- • Translating Proven Interventions for Underserved and Emergent High-Risk Populations (REP 7...
- • Evaluation of the Relative Effectiveness of Four Public Health Strategies for Providing HI...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2