PrEP Choice: Increasing the Use of HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis in an Era of Choices
The summary for the PrEP Choice: Increasing the Use of HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis in an Era of Choices grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
PrEP Choice: Increasing the Use of HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis in an Era of Choices: The purpose of this NOFO is to: a) implement evidence-based provider and patient education and support tools in clinical settings to increase screening for PrEP indications, PrEP counseling, PrEP initiation, and PrEP adherence and persistence by MSM and b) to understand PrEP use and reasons for selection of a PrEP formulation and switching patterns associated with the use of daily, 2-1-1, and injectable PrEP. Implementation science methods will be used to evaluate the effectiveness of the provider education module and support tools. The recipient will also collect data to describe real-world PrEP use among MSM in an era of multiple PrEP options.
|Federal Grant Title:||PrEP Choice: Increasing the Use of HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis in an Era of Choices|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-PS-21-003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.941, 93.943|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 5th, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 5th, 2021|
|Posted Date:||October 23rd, 2020|
|Creation Date:||October 23rd, 2020|
|Archive Date:||February 4th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:||$31,200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,040,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$520,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 9th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jocelyn Patterson
- Similar Government Grants
- • Increasing PrEP Use Among Disproportionately Affected Populations in the United States
- • Implementation Research on Telehealth Strategies to Support Retention in Care and Treatmen...
- • Evaluation of New HIV Testing Technologies in Clinical Settings with High HIV Incidence
- • Implementing and Evaluating a Data-to-Care Rx Strategy
- • Minority HIV Research Initiative (MARI) to Support Epidemiologic and Implementation Scienc...
- • Diffusion of Partnership for Health to Health Care and Medical Agencies Serving Persons Li...
- • Translating Proven Interventions for Underserved and Emergent High-Risk Populations (REP 7...
- • Evaluation of the Relative Effectiveness of Four Public Health Strategies for Providing HI...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA
- • Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research Centers: RFA-DP-24-004
- • NIOSH Robotics and Intelligent Mining Technology and Workplace Safety Research (U60)
- • Clinical and Applied Research Strategies for the Prevention and Control of Fungal Diseases
- • Public Health Epidemiology, Prevention and Control of Influenza and Other Respiratory Path...
- • Research Grants to Develop and Validate a Prognostic Tool of Mental Health Sequelae After ...