Hurricane Education Recovery Awards CFDA 84.938H
The summary for the Hurricane Education Recovery Awards CFDA 84.938H grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Hurricane Education Recovery Awards CFDA 84.938H: .Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Office of Postsecondary Education; Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education; Notice Inviting Applications for New Hurricane Education Recovery Awards for Fiscal Year 2007. Purpose of Program: To provide grants to institutions of higher education (IHEs), as defined in section 101 or section 102(c) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA), that are located in an area in which a major disaster was declared related to Hurricanes Katrina or Rita that were forced to close, relocate, or significantly curtail their activities as a result of damage directly caused by the hurricanes. These Hurricane Education Recovery Awards can only be used to defray expenses, (including lost revenue, reimbursement for expenses already incurred, and construction) incurred as a direct result of Hurricanes Katrina or Rita, and for payments to enable affected IHEs to provide grants to students who attend such IHEs for academic years beginning on or after July 1, 2006. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.938H. Pre-Application: IHEs intending to submit an application for a Hurricane Education Recovery Award must first complete and submit a pre-application data information form from which institutional allotments will be calculated. Data forms and instructions can be downloaded from: http://www.ed.gov/OPE (click on the Hurricane Education Recovery Awards link). Complete the form and send it to: http://HERA2.ed.gov by the date established under Pre-Application Deadline. Within one week of the Pre-Application Deadline, the Department will calculate the applicant IHE's allotment and e-mail the amount back to the contact person identified on the form. IHEs will then have until August 17, 2007 to submit their application and budget through the Grants.gov Web Portal. Applications for grants under the Hurricane Education Recovery Awards must be submitted electronically using the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at: http://www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for Hurricane Education Recovery Awards at: http://www.Grants.gov . You must search for the downloadable application package for this competition by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.326, not 84.326A). The telephone Number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1-800-518-4726.
|Federal Grant Title:||Hurricane Education Recovery Awards CFDA 84.938H|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-071607-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Hurricane Education Recovery|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 17, 2007 Deadline for Transmittal of Pre-Appl|
|Posted Date:||Jul 16, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jul 16, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Sep 16, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||40|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: IHEs, as defined in section 101 or 102(c) of the HEA that are located in an area in which a major disaster was declared in accordance with section 401 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act related to Hurricanes Katrina or Rita, and that were forced to close, relocate, or significantly curtail their activities as a result of damage directly caused by the hurricanes.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov FIND System Admin.
Phone (202) 245-6140
Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education
U.S. Department of Education
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Emergency Assistance to Institutions of Higher ed...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Defraying Costs of Enrolling Displaced Students P...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Emergency Impact Aid Program CFDA Num...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Assistance for Homeless Children and ...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Immediate Aid to restart School Opera...
- • Hurricane Education Recovery Awards Program (84.938H)
- • Opportunity ED-GRANTS-011609-002
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...