The summary for the Opportunity ED-GRANTS-011609-002 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity ED-GRANTS-011609-002: -Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html.Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The Higher Education Disaster Relief Grants Program provides funds to institutions of higher education (IHEs) that are located in an area affected by hurricanes, floods, and other natural disasters occurring during 2008 for which the President declared a major disaster under Title IV of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act of 1974. The funds may only be used to defray the expenses incurred by IHEs that were forced to close, or relocate, or whose operations were impaired as a result of damage directly caused by such hurricanes, floods, and other natural disasters occurring during 2008. Funds may be used to cover lost revenue, reimbursement for expenses already incurred, and for construction. Funds may also be used to enable these IHEs to provide grants to their students who attend the IHE for academic years beginning on or after July 1, 2008. Criteria for Awarding Funds: Under the Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009 (Pub. L. 110-329), only IHEs as defined in section 101 or section 102(c) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA), that are located in an area in which a major disaster was declared in accordance with section 401 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act during calendar year 2008, are eligible to apply for funds under this program. A list of these areas is available at: http://www.gismaps.fema.gov/2008pages/lcurrent.shtm.Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.938R.Applications for grants under the Higher Education Disaster Relief Program, CFDA number 84.938R, must be submitted electronically using the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at http://www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for the Higher Education Disaster Relief Grant Program at http://www.Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.938, not 84.938R). The telephone number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1-800-518-4726 or e-mail: email@example.com.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity ED-GRANTS-011609-002|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-011609-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||HURRICANE EDUCATION RECOVERY|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 19, 2009 Applications Availabl|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 26, 2009 Appli|
|Posted Date:||Jan 16, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jan 26, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Apr 18, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||50|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: IHEs (as defined in section 101 or section 102(c) of the HEA) that are located in an area affected by hurricanes, floods, and other natural disasters occurring during 2008, for which the President declared a major disaster under Title IV of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act of 1974, are eligible to apply for funds under this program. A list of these areas is available at: http://www.gismaps.fema.gov/2008pages/lcurrent.shtm.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND System Admin. Phone (202) 245-6140 firstname.lastname@example.org Program Manager: Cassandra Courtney, Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education, U.S. Department of Education, 1990 K Street, NW., room 6166, Washington, DC 20006-8544 Telephone: (202) 502-7506 or by e-mail: HEDR@ed.gov or
e-Mail: Program Manager [Cassandra.Courtney@ed.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Emergency Assistance to Institutions of Higher ed...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Defraying Costs of Enrolling Displaced Students P...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Emergency Impact Aid Program CFDA Num...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Assistance for Homeless Children and ...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Immediate Aid to restart School Opera...
- • Hurricane Education Recovery Awards Program (84.938H)
- • Hurricane Education Recovery Awards CFDA 84.938H
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...