Land Management and Conservation Program Internship
The summary for the Land Management and Conservation Program Internship grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Land Management and Conservation Program Internship: The objective of this project is to provide opportunities for recent college graduates to gain hands-on experience in natural resource management, specifically in the areas of conservation biology, endangered species protection and management, conservation of sensitive species, and the management of public lands. The overall objective is to further the conservation of sensitive BLM resources, especially threatened, endangered, and sensitive plant and animal species (including fish), by enhancing the capability of professional staffs. This would be achieved by establishing a mentoring program whereby recent college graduates work directly with conservation and land management program projects while receiving professional development opportunities and experience with a federal land management agency. Interns participating in this program will have the opportunity to learn first hand about BLM land management challenges and responsibilities, applicable Federal laws and regulations, stewardship programs established to conserve biodiversity, and distinctive features of the California landscape.
|Federal Grant Title:||Land Management and Conservation Program Internship|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CA-RFA-07-0003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 01, 2007|
|Posted Date:||May 25, 2007|
|Creation Date:||May 25, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Jul 01, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$450,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$140,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Traci Thaler
Grants and Agmts Specialist
Phone 916-978-4529 firstname.lastname@example.org Grants Management Officer
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands