Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Implementation Grants
The summary for the Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Implementation Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Implementation Grants: It is well documented that the United States is becoming an increasingly racially and ethnically diverse country. By 2050 there will be no ethnic majority in the United States (U.S.). There is a need to ensure that the disability community keeps pace with and is responsive to the rapidly changing demographics of the country and the UCEDDs should play a critical role in such an effort. The DD Act of 2000 recognizes the important role that UCEDDs play in enhancing the diversity of the workforce, requiring that UCEDDs enhance efforts to recruit and retain underrepresented groups at all levels in order to respond to the needs of nation and burgeoning diverse communities. It is essential now more than ever to ensure that UCEDDs are well positioned to address the unprecedented growth of diverse communities, including the growth in the number of people with disabilities, to ensure the future yields prosperity for all. To this end, UCEDDs need to know how to align their training programs and overall UCEDD organizational framework to truly reflect and respond to our nation's rich diversity. The Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD), Administration on Disabilities (AOD), Administration for Community Living (ACL), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announces the availability of Fiscal Year 2018 funds to award, on a competitive basis, three year National Training Initiative (NTI) grants to multiple University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service (UCEDDs). AIDD plans to award up to five Partnership Implementation grants to pay for the federal share of this initiative. Funds will be used to support the development of a partnership training program. These partnership planning grants will be with Minority-Serving Institutions (MSI)s as defined in the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008; community colleges, and training programs that serve people from underrepresented communities. This funding opportunity will provide seed funding to support partnership planning grants with partner organizations defined as a MSI, community college, or other training program that serve underrepresented populations to jointly plan and co-design training experiences and utilize a variety of innovative knowledge exchange and transfer strategies that promote and create interdisciplinary approaches to research, training (e.g., pre-service, continuing education, community-based), and services. Funds will be used to work towards the long term goals of: Increasing diversity of leadership, staff and governing bodies across the DD network; Building cultural competence capacity with the leadership, staff, and governing bodies across the DD network; Increasing the number of persons from underrepresented racial, ethnic groups, people with disabilities, people from disadvantaged backgrounds who benefit from AIDD supported programs; and Improving the recruitment and employment of underrepresented groups including racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and people from diverse or disadvantaged backgrounds in the UCEDD.
|Federal Grant Title:||Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Implementation Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2018-ACL-AOD-DDTI-0303|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 11th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 11th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 11th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 11th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||August 10th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||May 11th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Section 151(b) of the DD Act OF 2000 states that from appropriations authorized under section 156(a)(1) and reserved under section 156(a)(2), grants shall be made to UCEDDs to carry out National Training Initiative grants. Entities eligible to apply for funds under this funding opportunity announcement are the 67 current AIDD grantees that are designated UCEDDs. Applications will only be accepted from the 67 UCEDDs listed at https://www.acl.gov/index.php/programs/aging-and-disability-networks/national-network-university. Applications from other entities not designated as a current UCEDD will not be reviewed. Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pamela O'Brien
- Similar Government Grants
- • Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Se...
- • University Centers of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Diversity Fellowships
- • Serious Mental Illness
- • National Training Initiatives on Critical and Emerging Needs
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and S...
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDDs)
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Funding for Older Americans Act Title VI Native American Programs
- • 2020 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Independent Living Transit...
- • Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative
- • Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant