Mission Blue Butterfly Translocation Project
The summary for the Mission Blue Butterfly Translocation Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Mission Blue Butterfly Translocation Project: The NPS will collaborate with the Parks Conservancy on both natural resource monitoring and management activities to increase our understanding of the Mission blue butterfly and their habitat amongst the few scattered locations of the San Francisco Bay area, to actively restore habitat for Mission blue butterflies, and to translocate Mission blue butterflies in order to reduce the risk of these Federally Endangered butterflies from disappearing within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA). NPS and the Parks Conservancy have a substantial history of collaboration to conduct monitoring and habitat restoration for Mission blue butterflies in the GGNRA. Both parties also have an extensive history of collaborating to provide Mission blue butterfly information generated through monitoring for public educational uses and for adaptive management of park resources.
|Federal Grant Title:||Mission Blue Butterfly Translocation Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P17AS00660|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 28th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 28th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||August 16th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||August 16th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||September 15th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$263,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$263,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$99,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 16th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Agreements Management Specialist Paula Owens 805-370-2328
- Similar Government Grants
- • New River Clean Water Alliance
- • nhance Rare Lichen Protection by Assessing Distribution and Vul
- • Recover Condors by Sharing GPS Data at Pinnacles National Park
- • Recovery of the Endangered Cape Sable Seaside Sparrow in Everglades National Park
- • Yosemite Area Regional Transportation System
- • Fund Arizona Fish and Game Department to Collect and Rear the Endangered Humpback Chub (Gi...
- • Appalachian Trail Atmospheric Deposition Effects Study
- • National Park Service - A Multi-Scale Program in Viriginia, Wst Virginia and Maryland to A...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Japanese American Confinement Sites Grant Program
- • Engaging Youth through Trails, Roads and Environmental Restoration Projects
- • Youth Work Programs Cross Cultural Learning - Tomaquag Interns
- • Lowell Folk Festival Support
- • Collaborative Management Through Implementation of the Upper Delaware River Management Pla...