Monticello Field Office Vegetation and Wildlife Study Plots with Exclosures
The summary for the Monticello Field Office Vegetation and Wildlife Study Plots with Exclosures grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Monticello Field Office Vegetation and Wildlife Study Plots with Exclosures: The BLM would like to provide an opportunity for an organization to learn about the importance of wildlife and livestock exclosures and how they are used in conjunction with vegetation and wildlife studies for the management of surrounding natural resources. BLM would like to work cooperative with an organization to provide an opportunity for adolescents to learn about public lands and help determine potential career choices. This project will set up exclosures that protect riparian areas and wetland habitat for wildlife, particularly raptors, fish, amphibians, and neotropical birds. By protecting these areas from different uses, the BLM is obtaining much needed information about riparian and upland areas which are used by wildlife; including big game, amphibians, and fish. The exclosures already in existence will need maintenance and updated because they have years of data collection already associated with them and by continuing these projects; the recipient would be ensuring these important studies can continue. Upland exclosures provide information to appropriately manage large areas with similar use levels and vegetation types. This information is used by several natural resources specialists and agencies. This project will ensure continuation of vegetation and wildlife information from the study areas. It will continue to provide information used to improve management of surrounding public lands. It will provide the opportunity for adolescents to learn about public lands and help determine potential career choices. It will provide opportunities to learn skills from this type of project, including plant and animal identification, importance of riparian vegetation, fence constructions, and being in the outdoors.
|Federal Grant Title:||Monticello Field Office Vegetation and Wildlife Study Plots with Exclosures|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||UT-RFA-07-0007|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 20, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Aug 06, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Aug 07, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Sep 19, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$50,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Maria Gochis
Grants & Agreements Specialist
Phone 801-539-4178 email@example.com Maria Gochis
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...