National Training Initiative
The summary for the National Training Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Training Initiative: It is well documented that the United States is becoming an increasingly racially and ethnically diverse country. By 2050 there will be no ethnic majority in the United States (U.S.). There is a need to ensure that the disability community keeps pace with and is responsive to the rapidly changing demographics of the country and the UCEDDs should play a critical role in such an effort. The DD Act recognizes the important role that UCEDDs play in enhancing the diversity of the workforce, requiring that UCEDDs enhance efforts to recruit and retain underrepresented groups at all levels in order to respond to the needs of nation’s burgeoning diverse communities. It is essential now more than ever to ensure that UCEDDs are well positioned to address the unprecedented growth of diverse communities, including the growth in the number of people with disabilities, to ensure the future yields prosperity for all. To this end, UCEDDs need to know how to align their training programs and overall UCEDD organizational framework to truly reflect and respond to our nation’s rich diversity. AIDD plans to award on a competitive basis a one-year National Training Initiative grant to create a blueprint for the national network of UCEDDs that will enhance the overall diversity of the workforce and promote - through training - cultural competence at all levels. The goal for this project is to identify for the national network of UCEDDs an overall vision and goal for and strategies and structures that can be implemented to enhance diversity through training. It is anticipated that the project will engage key national organizations including the Association of University Centers on Disabilities and organizations representing culturally and linguistically diverse populations to provide a foundation for implementing the blueprint in the future.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Training Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2014-ACL-AIDD-DT-0070|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 7, 2014 Electronically submitted applications|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 7, 2014 Electronically submitted applications|
|Posted Date:||May 21, 2014|
|Creation Date:||May 21, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Aug 6, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$160,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$160,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$160,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Section 151(b) of the DD Act of 2000 states that from appropriations authorized under section 156(a)(1) and reserved under section 156(a)(2), grants shall be made to University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDDs) to carry out national training initiative grants. Entities eligible to apply for funds under this funding opportunity announcement are the 67 current AIDD grantees that are designated UCEDDs. Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Shawn Callaway
Administration for Community Living 202-357-3436
- Similar Government Grants
- • Community Based Transition Partnership Planning Grants
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Se...
- • Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative
- • University Centers of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Diversity Fellowships
- • National Training Initiatives on Critical and Emerging Needs
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and S...
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDDs)
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program