New Jersey Pinelands Long-Term Environmental Monitoring Program
The summary for the New Jersey Pinelands Long-Term Environmental Monitoring Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
New Jersey Pinelands Long-Term Environmental Monitoring Program: This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition. Specifically, the recipient will: 2017/18 LONG-TERM ECONOMIC-MONITORING PROGRAM TASKS 1. Annual Long-Term Economic-Monitoring Report - 2016-17 Report and summary to be issued in 2018. a. Supplemental Data for Annual Report - Determine need and suitability of additional supplemental data. 2. Plan Review Project: Pinelands Development Credit Supply & Demand Study - Conduct ad hoc analyses for planned rule-making to enhance the TDR program. 3. a. Special Study: “Split Towns” - For most of the 22 parameters, data cannot be split between towns with areas both inside and outside the Pinelands. Continue securing outside data and evaluating new, potential sources to address split towns. b. Additional Special Study: re-analyze “Fiscal Stress” - In the past, staff compiled a statistical basis to compare the relative fiscal stress of towns inside and outside eth Pinelands. The data is now out of data and a re-look at the methodology would help the towns. c. Additional Special Study: Determine efficacy of comparative groups - Currently, Pinelands municipalities are compared to outside the Pinelands (S. Jersey, all of New Jersey). Evaluate these and or other possibilities. 4. Program Review - Continue review of economic monitoring program. 5. Web-site Roll-out 2017/18 LONG-TERM ENVIRONMENTAL-MONITORING PROGRAM TASKS 1. In 2017, continue to monitor pH and specific conductance on a bimonthly basis at the network of 47 Pinelands-wide water-quality monitoring sites, initiate new rounds of nutrient and ion sampling at each site, and complete the nutrient analysis and the pH and specific conductance trend analysis. 2. In 2017, continue water-level monitoring at the 35 forest plots and 37 ponds and initiate an analysis to summarize the hydrologic regimes associated with the forest-plots and ponds and to examine the relationship of water-level fluctuations among all of the water-level monitoring sites. 3. In 2017, continue the annual anuran surveys by monitoring calling anurans monthly from March – June at the 20 ponds and initiate an analysis of the all the vocalization data to assess trends in species occurrence and numbers calling during the period. 4. In 2017, analyze the land-use, surrounding forest, wetland structure, hydrologic, water-quality, vegetation, anuran, fish, and donate data for the 99 natural ponds studied for the Pond-vulnerability Study. 5. In 2017, analyze the land-use, surrounding forest, wetland structure, hydrologic, water-quality, vegetation, anuran, and fish data for the 98 excavated ponds and storm water basins studied for the Created-wetland Study. 6. In 2017, continue to provide coordination and outreach to government agencies, academic institutions, and the general public and host the Pinelands Research Series as new research becomes available.
|Federal Grant Title:||New Jersey Pinelands Long-Term Environmental Monitoring Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-17-NERO-0125|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 17th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 17th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||August 8th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||August 8th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||August 18th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$298,500|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$298,500|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$298,500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 8th, 2017|
- Category Explanation
- This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service’s intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Keith Zotti
Partnership Program Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2023 The Shared Beringian Heritage Program Funding Call
- • test
- • Scientists in Parks Internship Program - Natural Resource Stewardship
- • Shared Beringian Heritage Program 2021 Funding Call
- • New River Clean Water Alliance
- • Fund Arizona Fish and Game Department to Collect and Rear the Endangered Humpback Chub (Gi...
- • Appalachian Trail Atmospheric Deposition Effects Study
- • National Park Service - A Multi-Scale Program in Viriginia, Wst Virginia and Maryland to A...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • FY2023 Historic Preservation Fund- History of Equal Rights- Preservation Grants
- • Land and Water Conservation Fund State Assistance + Readiness and Environmental Protection...
- • 2023 Grand Canyon and Flagstaff Monuments Fuels Reduction
- • LWCF State Assistance Formula Grants - Acquisition & Construction - FY23 Cycle 2
- • LWCF State Assistance Formula Grants - State Planning - FY23 Cycle 2