Noxious Weed Control on Public Lands in Converse County, Wyoming
The summary for the Noxious Weed Control on Public Lands in Converse County, Wyoming grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Noxious Weed Control on Public Lands in Converse County, Wyoming: Background: Treatment of undesirable plant species will protect public land resources including threatened and or endangered species, native habitats, forage used by grazing lessees, and overall rangeland health. The Federal Noxious Weed Act of 1974 requires Federal Agencies to 1) designate a lead office or person trained in management of undesirable plants; 2) establish and fund an undesirable plant management program; 3) complete and implement cooperative agreements with State agencies; and 4) establish integrated management systems to control undesirable plant species. The Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 require the BLM manage public lands according to the principles of multiple use and sustained yield. The BLM is directed to prevent the degradation of the public lands. The Public Rangeland Improvement Act of 1987 requires the BLM to manage, maintain and improve public lands suitable for livestock grazing. The Carlson-Foley Act of 1968 provides the authorization for reimbursement of expenses to State or local agencies for weed control on Federal lands. Project: To manage undesirable plant species (weeds) on public lands in Converse County, Wyoming.
|Federal Grant Title:||Noxious Weed Control on Public Lands in Converse County, Wyoming|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-WY07-9013|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 31, 2007|
|Posted Date:||May 04, 2007|
|Creation Date:||May 04, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Jun 30, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ilze Karklins-Powers
Grants & Agreements Specialist
Phone 307-775-6293 Ilze_Karklins-Powers@blm.gov Agreements Officer
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands