Organization of Artifacts from Marial Archelogical Site, Jackson County, Oregon
The summary for the Organization of Artifacts from Marial Archelogical Site, Jackson County, Oregon grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Organization of Artifacts from Marial Archelogical Site, Jackson County, Oregon: The Marial site is located on BLM administered lands along the Rogue River in the Medford District. It is one of the most significant sites in Southwest Oregon as it contains a finely stratified sequence of occupations dating from the historic period to almost 10,000 years ago. This site was the subject of a number of field excavations over the years undertaken by different researchers. The artifacts recovered from each of these projects were originally curated at different museums. The older more extensive collections are disorganized and poorly cataloged. Now that all the artifacts and field notes are housed at one location, there is an opportunity to organize the collection and make it easily available to the public and professional researchers.
|Federal Grant Title:||Organization of Artifacts from Marial Archelogical Site, Jackson County, Oregon|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OR-RFA07-0701|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cultural Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 04, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Aug 28, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Aug 28, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Oct 04, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This financial assistance opportunity is unrestricted. However, this opportunity is being issued under a Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU) program. CESUs are partnerships that provide research, technical assistance, and education. The target for applicants of this award are in the Pacific Northwest CESU program, as this project requires demonstrated skills, expertise and past experience in the curation of artifacts recovered from lands within the Medford District of the Bureau of Land Management.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pamella Sterling
Phone 503-808-6221 firstname.lastname@example.org Organization of Artifacts from Marial Archelogical Site, Jackson County, Oregon
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM CA Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management
- • BLM-CO Preserving Cultural and Paleontological Resources on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Montana/Dakotas Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management
- • Nevada Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management
- • Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management Utah Cultural and Paleontological Re...
- • Anasazi Heritage Center Book Store
- • Partnership for Traditional Cultural Property Evaluation
- • Powder Magazine Reuse in South Dakota
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...