Outreach and Training of Farm Bill Programs
The summary for the Outreach and Training of Farm Bill Programs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Grants Agreements, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Outreach and Training of Farm Bill Programs: The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) announces the availability of funds and the timeframes to submit proposals for On-Site Outreach and Training of the Farm Bill Programs. Approximately $150,000 is available for fiscal year 2004. Proposals must be received no later than September 14, 2004. Many conservation opportunities in the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 (Farm Bill) address the unique circumstances and concerns of American Indians and Alaska Natives, beginning with farmers and ranchers, and limited resource farmers and ranchers. The 2002 Farm Bill promotes conservation of natural resources on agricultural land and land under the jurisdiction of an Indian Tribe. The specific activities of the Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) are guided by the priorities set forth in the NRCS Strategic Plan. In the 2004 Strategic Plan, NRCS must continue to provide high quality services to traditional customers while reaching out to nontraditional and underserved customers and providing new services to customers who need very different kinds of information and technology. Therefore, NRCS announces the availability of funds for providing On-site Outreach and Training of the Farm Bill Programs to American Indians and Alaska Natives. Applicants are encouraged to review the full announcement carefully for an understanding of all requirements before submitting a proposal. Funds will be used to provide on-site outreach and Farm Bill training in implementing Farm Bill programs such as EQIP, WHIP, CSP, WRP, etc. See NRCS website http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/programs/farmbil/2002/products.htm. for more information regarding NRCS programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Outreach and Training of Farm Bill Programs|
|Federal Agency Name:||Grants Agreements|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-GRANTS-080904-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Soil and Water Conservation|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 14, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Aug 09, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Aug 09, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Oct 14, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:||$150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- NRCS is requesting proposals from American Indians and Alaska Natives and non-governmental organizations focusing on American Indian and Alaska Natives natural resource and agriculture issues to assist in on-site outreach and training of the Farm Bill program with tribal governments and tribal conservation districts. NRCS also seeks to identify partnering opportunities with other organizations that share a common interest in implementing Farm Bill programs for the protection, conservations, and development of natural resources for the betterment of American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Leonard, Sheila, Grants and Agreements Specialist, Phone 202-720-2604, Fax 202-720-7149, Email Shiela.Leonard@USDA.gov Shiela.Leonard@USDA.gov Leonard, Sheila
- Similar Government Grants
- • Watershed Assessments for the National Water Quality Initiative
- • Cooperative Conservation Agreements, Fiscal Year 2020 Announcement for Funding - Massachus...
- • Conservation Technical Assistance in Vermont for Grazing Program
- • Mississippi Conservation Delivery Technical Assistance for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020
- • Announcement for proposals to provide Technical Assistance for Conservation Objectives in ...
- • Statistical and Survey Methods for National Resources Inventory
- • Farm Bill Public Outreach
- • Grazing Land Demonstration Grants
- More Grants from the Grants Agreements
- • Wetlalnds Reserve Enhancement Program
- • Biomass Research and Development
- • Farm and Ranch Lands Protection Program
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- • Conservation Innovation Grants