PPHF - 2012 - Elder Abuse Prevention Interventions Program
The summary for the PPHF - 2012 - Elder Abuse Prevention Interventions Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration on Aging, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
PPHF - 2012 - Elder Abuse Prevention Interventions Program: Option 1: Through this program, AoA intends to draw on existing research and promising practices to pilot test interventions and determine their potential utility in helping to prevent elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation. This pilot testing will also result in further understanding of elder abuse and its prevention, thereby contributing to the evidence base. Finally, this pilot seeks to facilitate improvements in existing data collection systems. These grants will implement, test, and measure performance of new approaches for prevention of elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation and review risk factors related to elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation to enhance future prevention efforts. Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of the prevention intervention pilot projects and assessing the overall performance of these projects will help determine the likelihood of the success of their replication an outcome that would greatly improve the ability to develop national elder abuse prevention interventions. This program is designed to pilot test promising community-based elder abuse prevention practices. Applications must: 1. Identify the target population(s) they intend to serve 2. Provide a rationale for selecting the particular population(s)/subgroup(s) 3. Propose one elder abuse prevention intervention specifically targeted to the chosen population(s). Grants under this announcement may only fund selective preventive interventions and/or indicated preventive intervention. Each grantee must choose to target its pilot project to one-to-three categories of people at risk of elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation. These categories include, but are not limited to: frail elderly persons; people with dementia; families with a history of violence; and other specifically identified categories of people who are at high risk of being involved in elder abuse. Option 2: In order to bring attention to needed prevention interventions, AoA is announcing the Native American Elder Abuse Prevention Grants. These grants are intended to develop or test elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation prevention interventions in Indian Country. It is expected that activities carried out under this opportunity address at least one (1) of the needs identified in the two reports referred to above on elder abuse in Indian Country, such as: a) Identifying, developing, and disseminating information and strategies on effective collaborations between tribal and non-tribal entities to address suspected cases of abuse, neglect, or exploitation; b) Identifying, developing, and disseminating informational materials for professionals and Tribal members on elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation that are culturally appropriate; c) Identifying, developing, disseminating, and providing training to Tribal professionals and other professionals working with Tribal entities on elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation; d) Identifying and testing a culturally appropriate existing elder abuse screening tools.
|Federal Grant Title:||PPHF - 2012 - Elder Abuse Prevention Interventions Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration on Aging|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2012-AOA-EA-1214|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Elder Abuse Prevention Interventions Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 31, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 31, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jun 14, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jun 14, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Aug 01, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,050,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,020,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Option 1: State Elder Abuse Prevention Grants - Eligible Applicants State government entities are eligible to apply under this program announcement. An entity may apply for only one (1) Option. Applicants must demonstrate the skills and experience outlined in Section III(1)(iii) below to be considered for funding under Option 1 of this program announcement. Option 2: Native American Elder Abuse Prevention Grants - Eligible Applicants Federally recognized Tribes and Tribal organizations representing federally recognized tribes are eligible to apply. An entity may apply for only one (1) Option. Applicants must demonstrate the skills and experience outlined in Section III(2)(iii) below to be considered for funding under Option 2 of this program announcement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Stephanie Whittier Eliasonstephanie.email@example.com
Grants Policy [firstname.lastname@example.org ]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Grants to Enhance State Adult Protective Services FY2020
- • Grants to Enhance State Adult Protective Services FY2019
- • Grants to Enhance State Adult Protective Services
- • Elder Justice Innovation Grants
- • National Elder Abuse and Neglect Prevention /Adult Protective Services Resource Center fin...
- More Grants from the Administration on Aging
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations Impacted by N...
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Title VI Tribal Organizations Impa...
- • Building the Business Capacity of Aging and Disability Community-Based Networks for Manage...