Planning Grant for Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (D71)
The summary for the Planning Grant for Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (D71) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Planning Grant for Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (D71): Purpose. The Fogarty International Center (FIC), encourages new applications for planning grants in the Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (GID), The application must propose a plan to develop the components necessary for an international research training program application to submit in response to the D43 FOA for the Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (GID),. In developing an application for a planning grant, applicants need to be aware of the objectives and special requirements of this program defined in the Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (GID) (D43),(PAR-10-260) Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) The Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (GID) supports research training that will strengthen the capacity of institutions in low-and middle-income countries (LMIC), defined by the World Bank classification system, to conduct infectious disease (excluding HIV/AIDS) research. FIC will support planning grants for research-training programs that focus on major endemic or life-threatening emerging infectious diseases, neglected tropical diseases, widespread co-infections of HIV/AIDS patients or infections associated with non-communicable disease conditions of poverty in developing countries (see the FIC Strategic Plan http://www.fic.nih.gov/about/plan/strategicplan_08-12.htm and the Global Health Initiative http://www.theglobalhealthinitiative.org/.) The planning grant application should be developed and implemented collaboratively with all designated participating institutions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Planning Grant for Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (D71)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-10-262|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||International Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 21, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 21, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Aug 17, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Aug 17, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Oct 22, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Planning Grant for Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (D71 No Clinical Tr...
- • Health-professional Education Partnership Initiative (HEPI) (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • African Association for Health Professions Education and Research (R25)(Clinical Trials No...
- • Planning for Non-Communicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training Programs in Low and...
- • Planning Grants for International Malaria Clinical, Operational and Health Services Resear...
- • Framework Programs for Global Health
- • Stigma and Global Health Research Program
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...